Miller 180SD Power Correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 180SD Power Correction

Has anyone added power correction to their 180SD to allow lower current draw in a residential setting?

If so, could you describe what and how you did it?

Thanks

TMT

Power Correction

I do not see a power correction option listed for the 180 SD. You should call Miller at 920-734-9821 and ask for Tig technical support for the 180 SD. They will be able to advise you.
    72boss

Syncrowave 350LX
    MM210 w/3035
    Smith Dual Guard for Welding & Cutting

Comment

Thanks for the contact information.

I noted that there was no power correction option listed for the 180SD so I considered that one would have to build the option theirselves.

Does anyone know if there ever was a power correction option for the 180 series welder? Or for any of the low end TIG transformer machines?

Thanks

TMT

Comment

Too_Many_Tools

unless you already have the 180 syncro i think you would be fare better off with the dyn200DX. it seem's that you are trying to turn the syn.180 into a dyn200. at starting price of the syn180 then you add the pulser then you add the power corection perchased or built you will be in the same price range as the dyn200. and have fare less welder.
        the dyn200 has a power draw of only 20A on a 22V circuit and only 30A on a 110V circuit.the dyn also has a fare better pulser than you could get as an add on for the syn. as well as the dyn200DX's other advantages.
        i looked real hard at the syncro and just plain ended up comming to the conclushin that in the long run the dyn200 would save me $$ and be a fare better welder that's why i am still saving for the dyn. insted of using my new syncr...you should realy look hard at the dyn200. it seems you dont mind looking for addon's so you could put that efort into picing togather your torch setup insted of the contractors kit and save some $$ that way.

good luck with whatever you decide to do
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Too_Many_Tools

Your choice of the 180 SD was a good one, the dynasty series is overpriced for for the power.

Call Miller for the specifics on a power correction setup. It consists of three capacitors wired into the AC input circuit.
          72boss

Syncrowave 350LX
          MM210 w/3035
          Smith Dual Guard for Welding & Cutting

Comment

72boss

Your choice of the 180 SD was a good one, the dynasty series is overpriced for for the power.

i'm not shoure if he has made a choice yet .
            however the dyn is not about power it is about it's built in option's,options that he is trying to add to the syncro. i was just trying to point out that wile more expensive upfront the dynasty already has all the things he is trying to add to the syncro and they are beter on the dynasty then he will ever be able to add to the syncro.. if he need's thease options he might concider looking at the dynadty series to get all the options he wants and a few to boot.

i also never said the syncro was a bad choice for him just that in my case the dynasty was a better fit and he should take a look at it befor taking it out of the running due to the higher starting price.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Working...
            X