No announcement yet.

Contractor's Kit Dynasty 200DX Again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractor's Kit Dynasty 200DX Again!!!

To all interested:

As I was answering a post concerning the Dynasty 200DX and the Contractor's kit I realized there are several posts pertaining to this question.
    Hopefully this will consolidate things. Please see attached.

If the attached does not open, try Chopper's Post and scroll down to HAWK's reply: It's the 9th post.
    Attached Files

what makes the other torch's better than a diamond back ? seems to me the d/b would be among the best
    what is the cost of a complete diamond back torch setup, hose, everything up the the machine ?

Comment

Blown S-10,

NOTHING. In other posts I have praised the Diamond Back water cooled torches. I really like the Diamond Back air cooled #17 torches also. Unless something has changed Miller is only offering the Diamond Back in the regular style power cable. I know I one time they were considering a different type of flexible cable but have not seen it on the market. Since so many members are inquiring about the "super flex" style cable I used the CK as an example.

For specialty applications where a flex head or removeable head is needed CK has the advantage. For everyday GTAW work I really like the Miller Diamond Back #17 and own several of these torches

Comment

Blown S-10,

As far as pricing goes check out the last hyper link torches in the above post. It has different Miller offerings for torch kits with and without flowmeters, 12 and 25 cables, air and water cooled. These are list prices and you will be able to get a much better deal through your dealer.

Comment

150A torch/200A welder

is it a duty cycle thing ? why the 150A torch on a 2ooA welder ?

it seem's odd
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

25' torch

i'm thinking 25' would be nice for reach but want to know if it will efect preformance if i leave 10' of it still roled up wile welding (same with ground/work clamp)

would you need to unrole all 25' every time you went to weld or could you just unrole what you needed.
            seems andy said somthing about this but i think it was on a stick ir baybee the input power line
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

fun4now,

The #17 torch is rated above and beyond the D200DX. The torch has a 150 rating at 100% duty cycle. You still have plenty of torch at 200 amps. Trust me on this one: an air cooled torch will let you know when it is too hot. Your fingers will be warm and you WILL put the torch down to let it cool. I have run 200 amps on the D200DX with a 75%helium/25%argon welding 1/4" fillets. I had to swirl the torch to wash the toes after each filler addition. The torch really got hot after 2 inches of weld. However, it was not hurt at all.

The 25' torch does not really stay coiled up. It will lay loose on the shop floor and be just fine. Go ahead and get the 25'. Make your ground cable what you need. If you do add some extra footage, then let it lie loose on the floor as well. Don't coil it up. 25' is such as small distance even a coil will not produce a large amount of inductance. A 25' torch and 12' of ground is a good set up. The 12' is too short if the D200DX or whatever power source is more than 6' from your work.

Comment

thanks HAWK

i was thinking it was a duty cycle thing just wanted to be shoure

sounds like a set of 25' leads is the ticket

P.S. still reading through the miller TIG book if i get it read 3 times befor i get my dyn200 i'll just have to download the dyn. manual.

november seems so far away
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

fun4now,

I kinda got my wording mixed up. What I meant to say is a 12' torch is too short if your machine is 6' or farther away from your work table. I have found a 25' torch and a 12-15' ground wire to be an excellent set up. If you think a 25' gound (work piece) cable is necessary, then go for it. I find it can get in the way. This is a personal preference, but do get the 25' torch for sure.

Comment

i get it

you need more torch to work around/over/through the material and the clamp just needs to get there not work around right

thanks i think ill try a 15' work lead and a 25' backup lead.most of the time i like to clamp my work lead to my welding table, then clamp my work to the table this has worked well for about 95% of my MIG and plasma cutting so far. i realy like my table its nice to have my work securly tied down so i dont have the added worry of it moving around on me

onlt talking about an extra $20 for a second work lead to hang on the wall for just incase. my welding shop is going to sell me the 2/0 lead for $.85ft. thats about $.40 cheeper than the tractor suply.

i just had to move my MIG out of my welding room and into the main shop due to the size that my yard truck is growing to if i had 25' torch and work leads on my MIG i wouldnt have had to move it dont think they make a 25' torch for the MM135 humm ill have to look into that i could clean up my 15'er and turn it into an aluminum only gun

huummm seems like ive started to ramble on again habbit of old age i gess

thanks a bunch HAWK
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

fun4now,

When a MIG torch is longer than 12'-15' you start seeing feeding problems even with steel wire unless is absolutely straight. Something to think about. What size machine are you running the 2/0 cable on? On any powersource less than 300 amps a 25' run on 2/0 is way overkill.

Comment

dynasty 200DX

i was going to make my work lead for the dynasty 200DX out of it (2/0)
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

fun4now,

A #1 cable will be plenty at 25'. The 2/0 is heavy, hard to work with, and will pull at your work piece. Remember you are only talking about 200 amps max at 2-3 minutes out of 10.

Comment

cool

thanks ill look into the #1
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]t.com
                            JAMES

Comment

Working...
                            X