Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GunLocators
    replied
    Dan got a heck of a deal I paid $1670 for my MM251. They threw in a T-Shirt 1/2 price on a pair of Welpers and a free pair of Tillmann Gloves that were marker $17.99 pr dont recall the model Tillmann . But I have had and strengthen my relationship with that salesman. He delivered some CO2 on saturday when they do not deliver for no charge a while back and sure did not have to.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Their is one other dealer in town. I'll give them a shot and see what they have to say about it.

Leave a comment:

• pejenkins
    replied
    You might try another dealer in town as I did. If they give you the same treatment (price).....you are doing the right thing by ordering online. Outfits like that puzzle me!!!

PJ

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    They want 1400.00 just for the **** machine!! before taxes, i took in numerus printouts from online sources and they wont even come close to matching them! ****, they even told me that if i want that price then to get it online. So you know what? I WILL!!!!
    What really gets me is that i have been a VERY good custumer of theirs for some time and have sent all my friends there to buy equipment who have spent a pretty penny there, and still i get no props. Needless to say i dont send anyone there anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Migmaniac, Take the price from the online source to your local and see if they will come close, I believe you will be better off if you ever get in a bind and need service. My locals know if they ever have my machine I'll be looking for a loaner and they will help me. That is hard to do if you never buy from the guys at the service center.

Just my .02,

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I definitely feel lucky, No sales tax, and my local dealer always beats the internet price. Heck on my MM 251 that i recently purchased, I think he must have been drunk , because he sold the unit to me for $1569

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    PE

I ordered a Lincoln 1000 from WeldingMart. It was drop shipped from Lincoln and was shipped when promised and arrived as promised. Since I have a PU truck and the shipper was in my town I picked it up. They moved it to the truck.

I believe that I would order again from them but being in Maryland I can go directly to BRWelder and pick up my internet order. No local dealer was willing to come close the net price.

I was not disappointed with the process. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1,678.87 for MM210 with spoolgun at IOC. Thats where i am getting mine

Leave a comment:

• Tanker John
    replied
    I bought my MM 251 from IOC. They shipped it right out, some idiot with the truck line put a fork tine through the side so check them over carefully. I refused to accept the shipment at the dock.

I called IOC and told them what happened and they sent another one straight away. I could not be happier with the IOC guys. They were straight shooters all the way...the trucking company was a little sneaky they would have let me have that welder with the hole in the side and never said a peep...drive out the gate and it's yours.

John

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry
    I would give the dealer the 50 or 75 difference just to build some relationship with them,,, when you said there was a big difference I thought you meant 2-300,,, How tight you want to squeeze these guys? Thats a good price, I would have said,, load it up and been done with it.

I tried to deal with my local dealer; his price actually beat IOC by $40.00 before sales tax, but although I had bought two new cylinders from him in the past year he refused to deliver to a residence, even though I would have enough people to off load the welder. Also they had closed the only location within reasonable distance to me, requiring me to take off work early(at my expense) and drive 45 minutes each way. I was willing to pay for a reasonabble delivery charge but I decied if he didn't want my business someone else would. I have found a dealer 5 miles from the house that I cna get to after work and on Saturday. if I had known about them I would probably paid them more for the machine.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by Bendaman
    pejenkins,
    A friend of mine ordered a mm210, spoolgun from IOC earlier this summer
    Everything showed up and works just fine. He had it shipped to his work
    and they just used the loading dock. I ordered a plasma cutter from them
    also, no problems at all.

I had them send my 210 to the house. I backed my pickup up to histailgate and the driver insisted on doing all the heavy work.

Leave a comment:

• pejenkins
    replied
    Yeah, you guys are right!!!
    I got all caught up in the moment didn't I ?
    I do watch my money.......but don't need to be cheap!!!
    I think (and I told the dealer this) that it is unfair that they have to compete against internet vendors. These are org. that carry no stock, pay no state sales tax to the state the item was sent to (which congress/state legislatures should correct) and are not really there if a warranty issue comes up.
    Tell ya what, I will go see my local dealer, order my machine, thank him for being there, and start building that relationship. By the way, this is the same
    company I have ordered 2 other welders (Miller stick/sm MIG) so I guess I just expected more.....but they can only do so much.

PJ

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry
    I would give the dealer the 50 or 75 difference just to build some relationship with them,,, when you said there was a big difference I thought you meant 2-300,,, How tight you want to squeeze these guys? Thats a good price, I would have said,, load it up and been done with it.
    I Just sold my 300 Thermal-arc prowave to my dealer and he made about $300 dollars on the sale. He could of just sold it for me for alot less money. Meaning I would of took less of a loss. What does this do for me? He alway gives me deals when we start out and I give them back. He also told me that if I want a new 350 mpi he will call the local esab reb for a extra 5% off of the retail price. So with my discount already I get smoking deals. Rememeber the 90 amp esab 1500 plasma I paid 1726 for? It was new in the box but somebody looked at it and I got a demo price and every other discount that could be worked on it. I saved about $1000.00 on that deal alone. All this did not happen over night either, it came from building a solid relationship with these guys. Did I ever tell you how much I paid for a demo ( Great shape powermig 300 with a python? )

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    I would have to agree with Sberry on this one. $50-$100 seems like alot sometimes but not in this case. I would've done the dealer to start building a relationship. I like calling and telling them to have a bottle ready for me to pick up or I'll even get to try an odd mix for free if they think it will be a sale later. I get there and my bottle's ready with my name on it and he loads it for me too.
    Good luck with your machine. You'll like it!!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Now he has to put up with a bunch of window shoppers too,,, which he takes an hr and doesnt make a sale.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X