Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker here!!

Hey guys

I have been lurking here since I got my MM175(3 months). I am in the middle of a CJ7 rebuild and figured no better time to learn a great skill than now. Welding has been pretty fun. But I can see why I payed my buddy all those years for his skills. It is an art form.

I have yet to find a good photo gallery of " The Good,the bad,the ugly" welds that is. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Pics of my project can be seen here. www.Robocon2003.com
    Your comments on how I can make this safer and better are always welcome.

Thanks
    Robocon

Originally posted by Robocon
    Hey guys

I have been lurking here since I got my MM175(3 months). I am in the middle of a CJ7 rebuild and figured no better time to learn a great skill than now. Welding has been pretty fun. But I can see why I payed my buddy all those years for his skills. It is an art form.

I have yet to find a good photo gallery of " The Good,the bad,the ugly" welds that is. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Robocon
    The Miller teaching package has a poster showing good and bad welds. You could try the education section of the main Milllerwelds.com site.
    It's not the voltage that gets you, it's the amps.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

When I started, I welded up coupons and dragged 'em around to a couple of local shops and bugged the folks with my buggered-up scraps for advice. To my surprise, everyone I met was friendly and helpful (after the obligatory laughter). Looking at the real thing is so much more informative than a pictue, and getting the advice and counsel of professionals is a big bonus.

Good luck.

Hank
      ...from the Gadget Garage
      Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
      Handler 210 w/DP3035
      TA185TSW
      Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

www.hobartwelders.com Under welding 101 has some pictures you could use for comparisson

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X