Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a used Tig machine! yippee!

Hallo,

I am posting here in the miller site but im basically copy and paste from the Hobart site..

Well as some of you may know I just got a used Tig/Stick machine! I returned my HH180 Mig because I wanted a TIG instead... Its a Maxstar 152 with Snap Start II HF unit with it! I got it on ebay and its still in good condition pretty well taken care of! Seller of the machine was very nice!! Smooth transaction and very good communication...

The packaged that came with it are:
    -Maxstar 152
    -Snap Start II (high frequency)
    -Miller Foot Control (14pin)
    -CP-300 Pulser Control
    -CK 212 Water Cooled Torch
    -Ground Clamp

The seller was extra cool cuz, he gave me a free Bernard Water cooler machine, but it does not work, cuz it needs a new pump as per the seller...but ill see if I can get just some of the parts! but what do I know..I have no clue! hahahaa..

And few days ago I got a 80cf bottle of Argon and a Flow Gauge regulator...man how bottles are expensive!

I still cant weld, cuz I dont have an air-cooled torch...basically I cant run the water cooled either cuz the cooler machine isnt working. I am currently looking to get an air-cooled torch.

I do have some questions regarding the machine...I know what the post/pre flows are because someone explained to me, but when does the preflow start? cuz, from my understanding it should flow sheilding gas before the arc starts right? so what is the "trigger" to make is flowing??? Also, how do you use the pulser??? no clue either...haha

I hope that I can enjoy this machine...I am planning on making manifolds, exhaust and some suspension stuff...I took some pics of it...the cart is mine...it was for a MIG but this one fits perfectly!

Thanks for everyone on the board..this is the best board!!! koool!!!

best regards
    cleaver

ps: Sorry to be asking this..but I hope I can get help in getting an aircooled torch. I get confused as to what size and stuff...I read the websites people have told me but I still get confused, it seems like (to me) that the TORCH is the most complicated part?! hahaha..or am I just crazy?!

pps: Someone is selling me a ESAB HW-20 air-cooled torch but it comes with screw type connector in the end and the gas sheilding line is in the middle of the connector. But my machine has a seperate gas outlet and the power
    (- negative power).

ppps: Reading from the manual, the size of the gas outlet (female end) from the machine is a 5/8 18 right hand thread and has a Dinse type 50/70 series connector.

Sorry for the long post...and thank you for reading! hehe..
    Attached Files
    newbi welder

cool

looks like a sweet lil setup and the pulser to boot nice tuch looks like it was well cared for
    you should be a happy camper as soon as you can start playing

just for s/g what did you have to give for it
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

the preflow starts when you depress the pedal , but as for the other questions i am not sure

Comment

postflow

postflow will alow the shielding gas to continue flowing after you stop welding to keep the weld pool coverd as well as the tungsten till they cool down. this helps to protect the still hot tung. and pool from contaminents in the air
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Ahh....so thats what triggers the preflow, but what if I dont have a pedal? how that it engage?

Im still looking for an air-cooled tig torch...Sucks, that I have all the stuff, but not torch therefore I cant TIG! haha!

Oh, this might be a stupid question...but with regards to a TIG, when you buy a torch do they all come with the power/hose cable that comes in 12' or 25'? And also, how does that cable connect to the torch? Does it screw in or plug in or is it fixed all the time and cannot be taken apart?

Thank you and sorry for the question..I was just confused because sometimes when I see them on the ad's they are just showing the torch...so I thought that they only sell just the torch and nothing else.

Thank you..
          newbi welder

Comment

Not working Bernard cooler

Do you still have it? e-mail me if you want to sell it

Comment

the preflow and post flow on the snap start will only work with the pedal. You have a pedal so dont 3worry about it now.
              Trailblazer 302g
              coolmate4
              hf-251d-1
              super s-32p
              you can never know enough

Comment

gas hose

i think the gas line comes out of the dins conector like in this pic of blown's

you should be able to get a pump for the benard coller cheeper than you can get an air cooled torch. or you could look into selling the cooler to pay for the new torch.coolers are prity pricy so if you want a water cooled setup you should fix the cooler and not worry about an air cooled torch.

good luck and let us know how it turns out
                Attached Files
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

pps: Someone is selling me a ESAB HW-20 air-cooled torch but it comes with screw type connector in the end and the gas sheilding line is in the middle of the connector. But my machine has a seperate gas outlet and the power

you need a short gas line to go from the dins conector to the welder the pic i shoed you should clear it up, you will see the hose comming out of the dins conector then it loops around and goes back into the welder through the gas outlet on the front of the dyn.200.

i'll post a copy of an exploded view if you need it but i would think you have 1 in youre manual if you have 1 . if not i would go to the miller site and download 1
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

Hi,

James, in my last post which was like more than a month ago and I have already posted some of my welds, meaning that i have alreayd been welding hahhaa...I did get that gas hose thingy..and the air-cooled torch! haha...Thanks for the tip James, I needed that 2 months ago..hehehe, but it doesnt hurt to post it here anyways...maybe someone else has read it and used this info!!! I was actually surprised that the thread was brought back up...hehe

I havent been welding much lately...cuz I dont have much to weld or even practice...steel is too expensive!!

As for the cooler...well, its still sitting in the garage...the pump that needs to be replaced cost like $100usd but I dont have the funds to cover that, I saw some miller coolmate like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW which sells for less less than the bernard...is it possible if I can sell this Bernard "broken" and use that money to purchase a use/new miller coolmate thats working? cuz if that is possible, I would consider it...

let me know if its possible...

thanks,
                    cleaver

this is my latest welds which was more than 2 weeks ago....
                    Attached Files
                    newbi welder

Comment

cleaver

Rookie Do you still have it? e-mail me if you want to sell it

try e-mailing him to sell

the cool4 looks like a sweet deal wish i had the $200
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

yeah..if I can get a coolmate! then by all means, i wouldnt mind selling this...how much do you think I can get it the way it is?? any ideas??
                        I guess all it needs is a new pump..
                        newbi welder

Comment

Try your local salvage yard for scrap to practice on. It's much cheaper than new. You may have to do a little more grinding to get it ready to weld on but you can save a lot of moola.
                          Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                          Millermatic Challenger 172
                          VictorO/A
                          Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                          Esab PCM-875
                          Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

I actually tried my local metal scrap yard....boy are they expensive and not really nice people! I mean, for a small TEE pipe fitting, one guy quoted me $20bucks!! thats canadian dollars so that comes out to like about $16usd, but brand new ones are like only $6usd! weird aint it?!? I guess the person wasnt really serious and helpful....I know that aint the real price...but I didnt get good customer service!

Ill have to look for another one...I did some little tigging tonight. I helped my friend extend his exhaust pipe like 4 inches cuz it was too short...next time I will get some more pipes for my car, I want to go dual exhaust! hehehe..
                            newbi welder

Comment

Working...
                            X