Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hankj
    replied
    After further perusal of the invoice, klsm54 is 'zactly right! Anyhow, now I don't have to change flowmeters from tank to tank - they all got their own flowguage and hose! Love it.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• klsm54
    replied
    The "AW", in this case stands for "air-water", a CGA designation. The nipple/gland would be an AW-18 for 3/16 hose, and an AW-17 for 1/4" hose. Off course we already know that the nut is an AW-14A. The confusing part is that the true "water" nut is left handed, an AW-14, CGA-033. The right handed versions are used as inert gas, CGA-032. This CGA-032 is the industry standard for Mig Gas fittings. I have seen the left hand version used on "some" plasma machines.

Again, if you need pipe fitting, or flare, the hardware is the place to find them. When you need CGA fittings, your local welding supply is the best place. I have seen a limited number of CGA fittings in some Lowes, Tractor Supply etc., but I doubt that they can solve the majority of the problems you will encounter with welding gases. Same goes with Oxygen, CGA-022, and Acetylene, CGA-023. No matter what their gas parices are, most distributors still do offer valuable expertise when it comes to matters like these....

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    Originally posted by dyn88
    An fittings are primarily for fluid transfer and are only as ive ever seen constructed out of aluminum. By the way AN stands for aircraft national
    AN stands for Army/Navy, as in Army/Navy joint standard.

JTMcC.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    What a coincidence! I went to Airgas yesterday and got two of the same thing for $5.94 , only they called the nipple an AW-17.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Bingo!

Found it at Airgas. CGA-032 nipple w/ 3/16" hose barb and AW-14A nut. $2.81 out the door!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Sparky,

Good idea. We acually just got one - the only one in California - in Yuba City, of all places! I guess it's because that local economy is agriculture in the contiguous five counties.

Alex,

Deal. I'll post the info as soon as I get it.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Hey Hank,
    When you get the right fitting. Post the part number and where you got it. I'd like to get a couple myself.

Weld on,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied
    i dont know if you have any tractor supply stores i your area but they may be a good place to try.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    An fittings are primarily for fluid transfer and are only as ive ever seen constructed out of aluminum. By the way AN stands for aircraft national

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj
    klsm,

That's true, but this ain't one of 'em! It looks like a CGA510 POL fitting, but in this application it's crimped to the hose. I'm going to go to Airgas on Tueday. Thay are a Miller dealer, so they ought to be able to solve my problem.

I was just hoping to pick somebody's brain and save the trip. No biggie...

Thanks,

Hank
    Hank, it would be a rare hardware store in this day and time that would have the correct fitting; it is pretty much welding and/or industrial specific. I think the name is "AN" but don't hold me to it. A good welding supply can make one up or you can buy one and cut off one end. BTW, this is a standard fitting and not Miller specific.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    klsm,

That's true, but this ain't one of 'em! It looks like a CGA510 POL fitting, but in this application it's crimped to the hose. I'm going to go to Airgas on Tueday. Thay are a Miller dealer, so they ought to be able to solve my problem.

I was just hoping to pick somebody's brain and save the trip. No biggie...

Thanks,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• klsm54
    replied
    Hardware stores , generally, stock NPT and standard flare fittings. Most welder fittings are CGA standard fittings. These should be readily available at any welding supply store.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    try your welding supply house. I always can count on my local ABCO for any little fitting or special item. Even if they dont have it there they always order it for me.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    started a topic Shielding gas hose and fitting

Shielding gas hose and fitting

I can't seem to find the hose and/or fitting that connects the shielding gas line to the MM135. The fitting looks like a mini-POL, but I've never seen one in the hardware store. I'd like to make up a couple of extra hoses so I have one dedicated to the flowmeter on each gas bottle. It's difficult to pry the hose off that 3/16" barb!

Any info will be apppreaciated.

Hank
Working...
X