Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown S-10
    replied
    well. i know one thing i would like to do. the catagory of machine i was/am interested in. take them all(except the junk, ok, maybe even the junk). put them side by side and have at em.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Gentelmen lets behave we will not have tempers, or bad manners. We work hard to keep it peaceful.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    [QUOTE=fun4now]the red company just flooded the market to compeet with miller . just because you can get 1 at any hardware store dosent make it beter.

No , the little Lincolns for the most part are better because they just flat out weld better. I am not talking the big machines only the little ones. The Hobarts little tap machines have norrowed the gap quite a bit!!! I would buy one of those over the blue ones in the 135/175 range.

Leave a comment:

• klsm54
    replied
    ...A little touchy there farmboy! You asked a question, many gave their input, then you nicely told all that their advice was secondary and you were going to buy on price. I merely stated why I think buying on price alone can often be a mistake. Sorry you didn't like my opinion.....

Leave a comment:

• farmboy weldor
    replied
    listen hear

listen hear klsm54 , i do my homework that is why i bought the miller 251, at the empire farm days with over 500 dollars off list price, i would have stayed with lincoln because my local distributor who i respect told me that the lincolns arc is superior for mig , it was just an honest question i wasnt sure about

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    klsm

A men to that brother

Leave a comment:

• klsm54
    replied
    Originally posted by farmboy weldor
    im not quite sure which brand i am loyal to yet, im in a transition phase, but the price will probably be the determining factor, all of the information is appreciated thanx
    I hope that you someday learn how flawed this method of choosing products is. It pays to do your homework. That includes price, features, quality, reputation, reliability, warranty, service, technical assistance, and don't forget, local representation. So while price should not be disregarded completely, the smart buyer will never let it overule the other factors...

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Tanner,

Thanks! I now have both machines using the registered5--- ports: one TCP and one UDP. Unfortunately the host machine's firewall is not configured for port forwarding. Oh well, what's another 60 miles when I am already working this one for free?

LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE MILLER REP SITUATION. IF THIS DEALER IS NOT ON THE MILLER MAP, LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET THAT FIXED. LINCOLN IS A DECENT PRODUCT, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A CHOICE.

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    Originally posted by HAWK
    Tanner,

If your shop has not seen a rep in "forever", then something is wrong. Maybe they communicate directly with the factory as it is close by. The district reps work large territories and it is hard to get around to all the dealers in a timely manner though they usually do a pretty good job. There are myriad things that could be happening. Is the dealer stating they have not seen a Miller rep or exactly what's the deal? Maybe I mis-read your post???

When I went into the shop, I asked the guy flat out "Ok, Miller or Lincoln?" And he said "I'll only say Lincoln because we haven't seen a Miller rep in this shop for about 5 years. We never get new product literature or anything. On the other hand, the Lincoln guy always trains us on what new features are coming out, and what machines and the like. Not a lot of blue is sold around here."

HAWK, I'll go there tomorrow and check it out again. Iso, I got your email, and I'll be talking to my teachers tomorrow to see if its ok for you to come by and weld. Since its a school district, the insurance and such is in the way. I'll let you know via email tomorrow. And for the PC anywhere, I'm checking.

http://www.nthelp.com/NT6/pcanywhere_ip_port_usage.htm

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01021417112312

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Tanner,

Off the subject, but 5631TCP and 5632 UDP are the current ports used by PC Anywhere or has something changed? I took my Linux VPN down for maintenance and am unable to hit my host via this software.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Tanner,

If your shop has not seen a rep in "forever", then something is wrong. Maybe they communicate directly with the factory as it is close by. The district reps work large territories and it is hard to get around to all the dealers in a timely manner though they usually do a pretty good job. There are myriad things that could be happening. Is the dealer stating they have not seen a Miller rep or exactly what's the deal? Maybe I mis-read your post???

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    What do you mean? Not looking as in the Shops fault, or Millers?

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Tanner,

Maybe they are not looking. ???

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    What I don't get is why my local welding shop hasn't seen a Miller rep in there for the past 5 years, but they see the Lincoln guy every 2 or so weeks. And we only live an hour away from Appleton.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    flooding the market

the red company just flooded the market to compeet with miller . just because you can get 1 at any hardware store dosent make it beter. miller makes a quality welder people are willing to go look for (welding store ) they dont need to sell buy being everyware.
    most of all they are here 4 us the little guy not just the guy's at nascar
    miller put this forum here to help us and to get them $$$ no
    to help us and help them to know what we want to improve ther line yep yep yep
    its a good thing and you are here using it already
    why arnt you at the red's site oh i forgot no suport

in the end what is realy going to matter is the suport you get from your chosen welders maker.
    good luck with your choice and no matter what you get if you need help we will always be here to try to help

P.S. sorry if i seemed rude or harsh b4 i was having a realy bad day and think you got the rudeness that should have been given to somone els earlyer that day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X