enemy territory discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enemy territory discussion

this has been a question of mine for a long while, which brand of tig welder is better , the lincoln precision tig 185 or the miller syncrowave 180 sd,
    im mainly a lincoln boy but was recently converted to miller because of my new mm 251, but are all those proclomations by lincoln of widest sweespot, and most stable arc in the business true?, im a highschool student not a grown up, and im trying to get the biggest bang for my buck

You know, when I first read the thread title, I thought you were talking about RTCW: Enemy Territory.
    -Tanner

Comment

you picked it

you picked miller for your mig. are you happy with it. im not a profecional welder but i do know great welders and miller cant be beat if your happy with the mig why would you change for a tig?
      i have miller mig and plasma cutter and will sone have miller tig
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

one main reason i would change is for the price, lincoln seems to be slightly cheeper, but yes i am very happy with my mm 251, and the lincoln features catch my eye, and im not sure about the controls on the miller unit?

Comment

I have a syncrowave 180Sd and I love it. The controls are easy to use it has a very stable arc in ac and dc currents. I looked at both Miller and Lincon at a convention I was at and each salesman explained there features to me, and I thought the Miller looked like a better deal. I have a few Miller machines, and I have not had one problem with them yet, and I use the almost all day long.
          - Michael

MM 175
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Hypertherm Powermax 180

Comment

thanx for the info, it was really helpful

Comment

I love my syncro 180. I think it is an under rated machine. I have not used the pt185 but from past experiences I do not like lincoln machines. I am currently building a water cooler for it so I can weld for longer periods of time.

Comment

I've used Millers for years and never had a complaint. 2 3/4 years ago I was shopping for a MIG. I went to a local independent Welder repair shop and ask the owner if there were any issues with the MM 210. He told me " If it's Blue, BUY IT". I did and I figure it took me 3 months to earn my money back with occasional welding jobs in my business.

Comment

I have received excellent customer service with my set up.. Went to the red school and still bought BLUE, GO FIGURE. Product quality is top rate & the one issue I had was resolved with a phone call. I even received a follow up call and a e-mail from support to see if I was happy...
                  I will say that I am no big player in the Fabrication Business but with service like this for the small operator I will consider them a better value. They stand behind the products they produce...

Comment

i would have to go syncro...... the p.t. 185 is just a cleaned up 175 (which i hate ) the only features you get with the 185 is a pulser and a ac balance (whoopie freaking do!!!)

that pulser on the 185 is a joke and its going to hadicap you in the long run.....

the syncro will hold its value more too!

dawg

Comment

miller shops

the service of miller is great and the major reason i bought miller is because of all the shops around me use miller, i dont know if you have heard of Andellas metal fabrication but all they use is miller and they recommended miller all the way, thankx for the info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg
                        i would have to go syncro...... the p.t. 185 is just a cleaned up 175 (which i hate ) the only features you get with the 185 is a pulser and a ac balance (whoopie freaking do!!!)

that pulser on the 185 is a joke and its going to hadicap you in the long run.....

the syncro will hold its value more too!

dawg

That is totally not true ,because the PT 185 is the leader in that class of non inverter units.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V
                          That is totally not true ,because the PT 185 is the leader in that class of non inverter units.

whats not true ?

Comment

leader in its class..... what did consumers reports do a survey ?

i have used the p.t. 185 and its SMALL advance in technoligy compared to the s.w. 175

the pulser unit is so basic and its really a TOY more then anything else......

this machine (185) is for at most a hobbiest.....

yeah its a little bit smaller then the 175 s.w. and has the nice storage space/ pulse and ac balance.......its still a cleaned up 175.......

give me a reason why i should think diffrently

dawg

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg
                              leader in its class..... what did consumers reports do a survey ?

i have used the p.t. 185 and its SMALL advance in technoligy compared to the s.w. 175

the pulser unit is so basic and its really a TOY more then anything else......

this machine (185) is for at most a hobbiest.....

yeah its a little bit smaller then the 175 s.w. and has the nice storage space/ pulse and ac balance.......its still a cleaned up 175.......

give me a reason why i should think diffrently

dawg

Microstart Techology ( same as its big brothers )...the low end on this machine is amazing

Start there,also since the Lincoln is a toy so is the Miller if you use your logic?

Comment

Working...
                              X