wire tangling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire tangling

I posted about this about 3 months ago and just finally got back to playing with it. 8 weeks of training in ca. Anyway I had a problem with the wire tangling (ratnesting) between the feeder and the liner. The conductor block the gun plugs into is only held inplace by the feeder mount screws. The guy I got the welder from apparently removed them, so when the wire got a little resistance it pushed the gun away causing a gap for the wire bend and tangle. I hope its not the only problem with it.
    Joe
    [email protected]

I really just wanted to ask if that is a common setup. If someone would leave a single screw loose or out could it cause a conducter block to come out.
    Joe
    [email protected]

Comment

it would seem rthat you should get the exploded diagram of the assembly. After replacing any missing parts, if you still have a problem you may need a new liner,of the appropriate size. The wire should go through the liner with little resistance.
      Trailblazer 302g
      coolmate4
      hf-251d-1
      super s-32p
      you can never know enough

Comment

I have tried putting the screws that I think belong in there and discovered why he didn't put them back in. The space is so confined I figured I could put a couple of rivets in it but with the machine being old and the plastic brittle the mounting ear broke before the rivet even got tight. The welder is someone else's throwaway I glued the brass block to the plastic. If the glue holds and I can make more than a one second weld before the glue breaks I will have hope. Then I might spend a little on the welder. Since I don't have a indoor work space right now I have to wait until the rain abaits one evening. Still get storms here in GA. Thanks
        Joe
        [email protected]

Comment

You might want to say what kind of machine it is, as that would help in diagnosis, as well as parts availability. Also, pictures still say a thousand words.

Comment

Well It's a (red) weld pak 100 just a 80a machine when I go out there after dinner i'll take a pic to post
            Joe
            [email protected]

Comment

working but with a new problem

Well I had some success. I was able to weld without a ratnest. I was able to make a one inch weld around the diameter of a 1.5inch pipe. After a few minutes I attempted to continue to weld, but after another .5" it was irradict. It would weld for a half second I would lose arc for a moment then arc, no arc. Until my autodimming hood got confused and I got a bad flash. I did take some pics but I can't seem to find the cable to upload them to into the computer.
              Joe
              [email protected]

Comment

pics

I found the cable to connect the camera to the computer.
                Attached Files
                Joe
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X