X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog
    replied
    df5152,
    The powder is used by some local companys but I really don't have all the details. I just make the things.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• df5152
    replied
    what do they use it for after its been ground?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hi Paul,
    Talk about making noise... I put 750lbs of steel balls and about 300lbs of glass in this bad boy and let er rip. WHAT A RACKIT ...I does a great job knocking the glass down to dust however.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• paulrbrown
    replied
    bULLDOG, WE HAD A SIMILAR DEVICE MADE FROM SCHDULE 80 24" PIPE, we would put slugs knocked out from an ironworker and tumble parts such as 1.5 angle and other little doodads, some as long as 30". It made a heck of a racket, but really knocked the burrs of and did it all by it self, the other guys could not understand why I would rather wait 1/2 for parts instead of standing in front of a grinder for 1 hour and doing a crummy job???? I think I may have to build another one....Paul

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Well, The Ball Mill works!!! I hooked the thing up (Temporarily) with a lead cord. I didn't even have the motor plate finished but the owners were up from N.Y.C. and couldn't wait to see it run. The first pic is of the motor plate with the 3hp motor and 50/1 gear reduction. The second pic is of the glass before we ground it The third and forth is of the same glass after about 1 hr of grinding. Well I hope that you have enjoyed the project.
    Bulldog
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Thanks for everyones input!
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Cool

COOL VERRY SIMILER TO A ROCK POLISHER JUST DIFERENT ITEMS IN THE SPINER
    YOU CALL IT WORK BUT I BET HE CALLS IT PLAY
    HE WILL CALL IT WORK IN ABOUT 10YRS WHEN HE HAS TO BE THERE

sorry about the caps on everythin the wife used the comp and i didnt notice

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey James,
    A Ball Mill is used basicly to grind things up... Cement companys use them to grind rock into cement. The one that you see on Tanners site will be used to grind glass into dust. It will be filled with about 700lbs of steel balls and then some glass. There's a 3hp motor and 50.1 gear box that drives it. (Not Shown) By the way the little Bulldog isn't playing he's working... The funny thing is he smiles alot...
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Sweet

MAYBE A STUPID ? what dose a ball mill do looks like a tumble polisher? am i close ?
    i may not know what it is but it looks verry well built and looks like the little buldog has a great dad to let him play too

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Thanks Tanner,
    The little guy was real happy to see the pictures linked to the site.

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    To make things easier for me, hah, go to http://tanner.mikemel.com/bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hi Tanner,
    What are ya kidding! Don't worry about when. I appreciate you even volunteering to put them on for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    Bulldog, just a quick heads up, somethings came up and I won't be able to get your pictures on here until 2pm or later. Sorry for the delay!

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Tackit,
    Sorry, my son makes the 102 mile ride with me about 3 days a week to Kingston where he gets to help me or the mechanics in the garage. Some days he gets to load the bins with the 745 loader. The rest of the week he has work at home to be done. Would ya believe it my wife says he doesn't play enough...
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    replied
    Tell em we start at seven and bring along a hat, gloves and a big lunch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X