Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawk, any scoop on new Passport 180 mig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk, any scoop on new Passport 180 mig?

Gent just posted on Hobart site it's a 45lb portable mig equiped with MVP and a small CO2 cylinder. Since you were involved with the DVI though you might have scoop in this.
    Manny

Manny,

Wait and see.

Comment

$1500.00 ? Way To Much Money................!

Comment

pay for it

you want portability and inverter tec. you gota pay for it

her's the link to it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...833641736&rd=1

and another pic of it it looks sweet to me
        it is however to much $$ for my needs considering im a hobbyist but im shoure it is werth its $$ to thouse in the mobile welding biz
        Attached Files
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

I see the word is pretty much out. I did not spend much time with the 175I (I for Inverter) or the Passport as it is officially named and marketed under. I did weld with 2 different units in the field testing stage earlier this year. It is a fantastic machine and its benefits are obvious for the MRO on the go. However, what you probably don't know is what it can do on the low end. I ran a single stringer bead on 25 gauge sheet metal (race car skin) with no burn through. It turned cherry read without a pinhole! The inductance switch is really nice depending on the wire type (stainless or steel) you are running. It's main function is to wet out or dry up the puddle. I tired spot welding the same 25 gauge material with a wet puddle and still no burn through on a full time tack! It is an awsome machine and I hope to have one in the truck soon!

Comment

dynasty 180 ??

looks like they could have given us a dynasty 180 prity easily off this base mabee this is what the TA distributer was talking about when he said miller was comming out with a new 180 inverter or dose miller have more up its sleve???
            any thoughts ????
            we wont tell anyone honest
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

fun4now,

It is the Passport for now. I'd have to say the manufacturing costs of a Dynasty 180 and 200 would be similar as would the sell price. I don't think you will see that, but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
              X