X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Update

Contact name at Machine and Welding for recon used machines from Richard Childress Racing is Rick Ward. 336-723-9651. He will be getting some more stuff in this Thursday. Mostly MM210s, MM135s, MM175s, and Syncrowaves. They still might have a couple of Dynasty 300 Tigrunners from the last weeks load too.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Louis
    replied
    I was able to pick up my dynasty 200DX in recon form with a 2 year warranty vs. a 3 year from Sutton Garton here in Indy for 2100$. That was exactly one year ago and I have had nothing but great stuff to say about it.

Now, we do also have a 1976 dialarc HF that still runs in tip-top shape everyday with only one service call in the last 8 years . Im hoping the dynasty will last as long.

Louis

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    The skinny on used stuff.

Unfortunately the recon list that MILLER puts out doesn't have a lot of stuff that we hobby guys could use. Lots of engine drives, big 3ph welders, high end plasma.... Mostly industrial stuff. Sometimes you get lucky and run across a Millermatic or a Dynasty 300 but it's rare. I do pull about 350 used machines from race teams each year. Most of these go to the servicing distributor that helps me with that team. The machines are in real good shape as they are not used hard and most get used as a work bench rather than a welder. They all carry a 1 yr warranty. If I have a dealer with some extra used stock, I will put their contact name and number out for you guys to call on. Right now the stuff from Richard Childress is going to Machine and Welding out of Winston Salem NC. I will see them on thursday and check used inventory.

Hope this helps
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    babe city

true it could be babe city anyhow it is the brownie points that got me the ok to spend $2700.00 on a new dynasty i figure that the thoughts of that will get me through it LOL
    put in my order for my big window this morning should have it wend. or thurs.

still havent figured out how to get my new air compresser out of the truck mabe this weekend with some beer to intise some help

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    hey fun. don't discount what it will be like. you never know, it "may" be full of good looking women, and you won't mind that at all .

though your probably right = a real drag ....... have fun, hehehehee

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    eeviillll little things arnt they

Leave a comment:

• 2002vlx
    replied
    Man, I hate those little porcelain dolls... My OL's grandma has a bunch of them and some of them freak me out cause of their stare. They're constantly lookin at you and the look on their face is devilish!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    dollie show

i have to take the wife to a 3 day doll convetion in canada little 12" dolls similer to barbie.it will definetly be a living h_ll but will get me the brownie points i need to pull of the dynasty purchas lol.
    she realy likes theas dolls so when she found out there was a convention close she asked me if i could take her . what can you do but take her and grin and bear it

Leave a comment:

• fst951
    replied
    Dollie show?

What is the Dollie Show?

Garrity

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    thanks all

thanks for all the input.
    i have decided to hold off on getting a TIG till after the dollie show and just save till then and get a new, never tuched, new welder smelling, right out of the box, dynasty 200dx
    who knows i might even have enough for a collmate 3 setup for it
    sence i realy dont have a need or even a project for it yet i might as well wait and do it right
    then there will be no regrets

ok maby too much power or cool factor

Leave a comment:

• klsm54
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    If you could find which inverter machines were used in the Miller demo fleet and turned in, those are the units to buy. Other inverters can have problems that are fixed but possibly stiil could have that problem jump up later down the road. Buyer beware on those units. This is the trick to buying stuff like that. Get some inside info if you can,because it just might pay off in the long run.
    If that is a concern, stick to "A" stock which still carries a 2 year warranty. If there is one of those hit and miss problems, it will rear it's ugly head long before that. After all, "A" stock machines are 2 years old or newer. Most failures in the manufacture of electronic components happen within a fairly short period of service.

Leave a comment:

• jjabuck
    replied
    I deal with B & R, they are great, Bob has a good supply, is helpful and has great prices. I have gotten my hobart, miller 210 and SW 180 from there.

Jim Buckingham

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    replied
    Sparky123,

Has your BOC supplier told you or do you know that all BOC gas stores were bought out by Airgas? I know i saw it in my welding magazine, but was curious if they are still BOC or changed names to Airgas.

BCarlucci

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by klsm54
    Alex, I can only guess what a dealer might charge you for a refurbed 200DX. On e-bay you can buy a new one for $2,244.00. Locally, I would hope to get one for $2,300-$2,400.00 For an "A" stock refurb, I would expect to pay somewhere from $1985.00 to $2100.00, but these are based on "guesstimates" as to what a local distributor would want to make.

There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. If you have a good relationship set up with a local distributor, or a salesperson from that distributor, all it takes is a phone call. Last year I had a customer that lives about 30 miles from our store call me, looking for a new engine driven welder. We discussed refurbs and he was all for it. He gave me certain things he required and what his budget was and within a couple weeks a Big Blue 402 popped up on the refurb list. A week later he was smiling broadly when he picked up his "like new" welder at big savings over new. On a big machine like that, the savings can be a $1,000.00 or more...

Just a little extra that having that relationship with a local distributor brings to the table. We are not open on Staurday's, but often meet someone at our store to demo, or pick-up a welder, and I have sales people who will deliver, or demo at your shop in the evening or Saturday's, if neccessary. Just don't abuse the priveledge. Don't give up on finding a good distributor aafter the first try, there are good ones out there...

If you could find which inverter machines were used in the Miller demo fleet and turned in, those are the units to buy. Other inverters can have problems that are fixed but possibly stiil could have that problem jump up later down the road. Buyer beware on those units. This is the trick to buying stuff like that. Get some inside info if you can,because it just might pay off in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied
    my BOCGas here in jackson mich. is GREAT!!!!! every time i go in which isn't often they are friendly and the customer service is great. i needed some oxy and accetalyn one saturday and called a head because it was getting close to noon and they stayed open for any extra hour so i could get my gas. i rarly go there but they treat me like they should and i would send anyone there in a minute.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X