X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

factory refurbished

HAWK, you might be the best to anser this as andy is gone.
    how would you get a factory refurbished welder? dose miller even sell them? i'm shoure i could get a better deal if i went with a referb if it can be got.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES
  • BCarlucci
    • Sep 2005

I'm not sure about miller, but i have a customer that buys refurbished Pow-Con's and i can't get him away from them. There's some places that sell them, but like i said i don't deal with the guy as my counter manager does, because i dated his daughter and i'll just leave it at he "doesn't like me" very much. ;-)
    BC

Dynasty 200DX
    Coolmate 3
    MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
    Cutmaster 101
    LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

• cope
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BCarlucci
      I'm not sure about miller, but i have a customer that buys refurbished Pow-Con's and i can't get him away from them. There's some places that sell them, but like i said i don't deal with the guy as my counter manager does, because i dated his daughter and i'll just leave it at he "doesn't like me" very much. ;-)
      Arc Products sells re-con PowCons for $1800 & up.

The only issue with a re-con amchine isyou typically have a much shorter warranty period. I have bought a few re-furb tools and never had a problem, but is a consideration.

Comment

• klsm54
        • Mar 2007

Miller offers a pretty extensive stock of reconditioned machines, and the rapidly changing list is available on the distributor extranet site. I have sold quite a few machines out of this inventory with really good results.

They offer "A" stock machines - Like new condition, less than 2 years old manufacturing date, 2 year power supply warranty and either 1 year or remainder of manufacturers warranty on the engine of engine driven welder/generators.............or "B" stock.....Good condition, 4 year or newer manufacturing date, 1 year power supply warranty and 6 months or remainder on engines.

Of course the "B" stock machines carry a deeper discount than do the "A" stock, but both offer significant savings over new. Your distributor should be able to check current stock on the internet while you wait, of course he will have to call to verify stock as these machines come and go rapidly. Don't plan on buying a MM210 or 251 just any day of the week, engine drives don't last long either, but if you have a good distributor, and are patient, he can keep an eye on it for you. Just be ready to pull the trigger and buy quick when a machine you want pops up. "He who hesitates is lost" really applies here.

Right now, tig machines are plentiful....Maxstars, Dynasty's and some Syncrowaves. Some XMT 304's, Trailbazer 301G's and oodles of varying XR guns. And as always, a spattering of single machines of many different styles and models. But, as usual, not a Millermatic to be found.

If your distributor is not aware of these machines, or if he doesn't have access to the distributor extranet, shame on them. Tell them to get into the 21st century...

Comment

• Blown S-10
          • Sep 2005

i would be interested in seeing this list. but i will not go to my local distributer to see it. i could get a NEW machine online for the same price he would sell me a used/older machine for. example : $119 online, him $169 +tax.

Comment

• klsm54
            • Mar 2007

That is too bad B-S10, but surely there are other distributors in your area... ...Don't give up on establishing a working relationship with a distributor because of one bad experience.

Comment

• Blown S-10
              • Sep 2005

yes, there are. but the problem : they are open only at the same time i am at work. it would be nice if some of these places would open for a sat now & then.

Comment

• Alex
                • Jun 2004

klsm54,
                How much discount might I expect to see on an "A" condition Dynasty. My local distributor, Praxair, is real good about price matching stuff but I don't really know what century they operate in. Only down side with them is, like B-S10 said, they're only open Mon thru Fri, 8 to 5.

Weld on,
                Alex
                Be cool,
                Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
                SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

• cope
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Alex
                  klsm54,
                  How much discount might I expect to see on an "A" condition Dynasty. My local distributor, Praxair, is real good about price matching stuff but I don't really know what century they operate in. Only down side with them is, like B-S10 said, they're only open Mon thru Fri, 8 to 5.

Weld on,
                  Alex
                  I work 7:30 AM-4:00 PM so I can get to a couple of dealers before they close, and there is one a mile from work. Still it would be nice to have one open at least half a day on Saturday.

Comment

• fun4now
                    • Aug 2006

open on saterday

mine is open till noon 8:00am to 12:00 every saterday
                    i didnt know it was that hard to find 1 open on saterdy. maby check the miller site link to see if you can find another 1 in your'e area
                    sorry to here no saterday's for you guys if you want to drive to rochester NY. we got 3 stors open on saterdy, i'll show you where
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

• klsm54
                      • Mar 2007

Alex, I can only guess what a dealer might charge you for a refurbed 200DX. On e-bay you can buy a new one for $2,244.00. Locally, I would hope to get one for $2,300-$2,400.00 For an "A" stock refurb, I would expect to pay somewhere from $1985.00 to $2100.00, but these are based on "guesstimates" as to what a local distributor would want to make.

There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. If you have a good relationship set up with a local distributor, or a salesperson from that distributor, all it takes is a phone call. Last year I had a customer that lives about 30 miles from our store call me, looking for a new engine driven welder. We discussed refurbs and he was all for it. He gave me certain things he required and what his budget was and within a couple weeks a Big Blue 402 popped up on the refurb list. A week later he was smiling broadly when he picked up his "like new" welder at big savings over new. On a big machine like that, the savings can be a $1,000.00 or more...

Just a little extra that having that relationship with a local distributor brings to the table. We are not open on Staurday's, but often meet someone at our store to demo, or pick-up a welder, and I have sales people who will deliver, or demo at your shop in the evening or Saturday's, if neccessary. Just don't abuse the priveledge. Don't give up on finding a good distributor aafter the first try, there are good ones out there...

Comment

• fun4now
                        • Aug 2006

bummer is now you gata add another $160.00 in sails tax localy so you are more than the e-bay price.
                        but e-bay dosent give personal service and my dealer dose
                        i gess it all comes down to the $ Vs service

thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

• HAWK
                          • Feb 2006

Well Scott gave you the exact answer I would have. Unfortunately many dealers are unfamiliar with A and B class machines. I have gotten more than one dumb look on this one. In addition many times a new machine is within a very few dollars of the A or B machine depending on circumstances. The best option is to get with dealers where Andy sells off the race team equipment. This happens several times per year as all his teams are on different rotations.

Comment

• Blown S-10
                            • Sep 2005

its easy to build a relationship if you are "in the business". but for hobbie guys, who would go there maybe once a year, its not that easy.

i'm not in a hurry. i'm just going to keep my eye open for a good used machine.

Comment

• fun4now
                              • Aug 2006

blown s-10

you hit the nail on the head about hobby guy's i think ive been in the welding shop 1 time in the last 2 month's will have to go back soon as my c-75 tank is finaly almost empty (155 tank ) it takes a wile for me to use it up and as i bought a 11lbs spool of wire it still has about 9lbs on it lol. im prity shoure i got a gas leak in my tank valve cus i can get bubbles out of the twist handle that turns the tank on and off.if it wernt for thr leak i gess i wouldnt see them for even longer so after i exchange my tank my next visit will be eather for the new TIG or for the tank to go with it, could be 4 to 6 month's
                              not a real high volume custimer but have always been treated as if i was there only custemer
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X