Look what I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDA52,

Yes. The M-15 Or M25 Or Whatever Miller Style Gun In Whatever Brand You Choose(as Long As It Has The Miller Style Connector End) You Want Can Be Interchanged. The Bernard Guns Have Found A Sweet Spot With Me As Well As The Miller Roughneck Series. The Spoolgun Was An Option On The Proto Type, But Was Not Direct Hook Up As The Mm210. I Am Not Sure About The Market Product, But I Believe It Is Still An Option. Again Not As Easily Accessable As The Direct Hook Up Of The Mm210.

Comment

Hi Dan, I think that the day will come when we see a lighter dual voltage mig, but if it was produced today, the inverter technology to make it small, would also make it cost prohibitive. There is always that point of "What the market will bear". I am sure that there are lots of neat "toys" that could be produced if the buyers were not price sensitive. But with time, technology becomes more affordable. I am sure the day is not far off for inverter based Millermatic type machines....

Oh yeah, I too was not thrilled with the M-10 choice, but then again, I am not paid to make those decisions. There must have been a good reason, as HAWK explained. I would like to see "plug and play" for the spoolgun also. So, I guess, like everyone else, I am never happy....

Comment

The DVI is a great machine for its intended use. As KLSM54 (Scott) mentioned smaller and lighter inverters could appear at a compromise: COST.

Comment

only problem

thats the only drawback with being on the cutting edge the new tec. is big $$$$$ give it a few years and the $$ will come down if you want to be the first on the block with it you gota pay for the bragin rights
          look at the $$ diferance between the syncro and dynas. if you did the same to the DVI it would be in the dynasty $$ range.
          like HAWK said you got 2 transformer machines in 1 box it realy cant waigh 50lbs without inverter and then the $$$ go up
          i just wish it had been out when i was shopping for a mm i would have got the DVI without a dought
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

We really are living in an exciting period of Welding machine developement... Do you realize how long it was that the only machines you ever had to decide between, at least for the home or farm user, was whether you would buy a Buzz box or spring for a Dial Arc or Lincoln Humpback?.....Then came things like the Millermatic 35 and Millermatic 200 and they were "IT" for a lot of years. Now, if we go six months without a new machine, we start to complain... ...My how times have changed.

Comment

Scott,

I have to say Bob Dylan was right about one thing at least: "THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN".

As for waiting 6 months w/o a new machine that is really fast for any mfg including Miller. Machines are thought of, drawn out on paper, scrapped, modified, scrapped again and on to a new machine. Eventually an idea comes to the in-house prototype stage. If all is well a handful of machines make their way to proto type testers. At this level things may fail or not operate as intended and minor changes are made. Once these final corrections are made the new machine makes a small release in one or two regions of the US depending on what marketing trends show per region. From this point a full national release occurs and we all have the new machine available for use.

As for what people are seeing on other sites and coming by on "hear say" I can only say wait and see. Some really great things are in the works and we will all know in time.

Comment

Hawk

would you by any chance be 1 of thouse proto type testers
                what a sweet job A i'm shoure it would have its down sides as well testing things can be teadeus at best in some tests, but it would be cool to see the new stuf 1st.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

HAWK, I agree about the time and effort it takes to come out with a machine. I have been involved in several field trials, and actually had a machine at a customer one time that never did hit the street. My 6 month comment though was about the time between machine introductions. Machines are introduced so often that we all tend to forget how new they are. Here is what Miller brought out in the last year...New Miller machines .....and now we have the DVI and Passports up and coming. I remember when I started in this business, you wouldn't see that many new machines in 2 years, from Miller, Lincoln and Linde combined....

Comment

I wonder what the 175 is really for

Now, I am only a hobbyist welder, but it seems to me that the 175 is a welder in search of a job. The MM135 is a capable welder in 120v configuration for quirte a bit less, and the 210 is a much more capable welder for only a little more. With the 175, the customer is getting a heavier machine with more restricted power choice than the 135 that is at a distinct disadvantage compared to the only slightly larger and more expensive 210.

I just wonder how many people get the 175, only to find that it doesn't meet their needs and they should have bigger/smaller.

Sort of the same thing applies with the Spectrum 175 compared to the Spectrum 375.

Karl
                    At a certain point in every project, it comes time to shoot the engineers and build the d*** thing.

Comment

Originally posted by kdahm
                      Now, I am only a hobbyist welder, but it seems to me that the 175 is a welder in search of a job. The MM135 is a capable welder in 120v configuration for quirte a bit less, and the 210 is a much more capable welder for only a little more. With the 175, the customer is getting a heavier machine with more restricted power choice than the 135 that is at a distinct disadvantage compared to the only slightly larger and more expensive 210.

I just wonder how many people get the 175, only to find that it doesn't meet their needs and they should have bigger/smaller.

Sort of the same thing applies with the Spectrum 175 compared to the Spectrum 375.

Karl

Karl,

It would seem that all depends on the attitude of the weldor and what he is welding. Some seem content with the 175 class and some find the need for a 251. I sold a 200 amp welder and bought the MM210.

Comment

kdahm

i got bolth the mm135 and the spectrum 125c and am verry happy with bolth
                        my shop only has 120V in it and my air comp died so bolth fit me great i have cut 1/4 inch with my spec125 (slowly ) but cut it

i am building a larger shop that will have 240/220 but will still keep the mm135 as it welds great and is supper portable i will be getting a larger TIG looks like around christmas as i have decided to just hold out and save for the dynasty witch will also werk on 120. i may some day see the need for a larger mig but would never part with my 135 you cant beat it for a quickie on sheet , having the 135 i will skip the 175 when i get bigger and go for the 210 but if i had got the 175 to start i dont think i would need to go up as a frend had a auto shop and has a 175 that he said dose him great
                        it is all in what you want or need due to $$$ or power restraints we are verry luckey to have all the great choices miller has provided us with
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Working...
                        X