Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Forum Site Problems

To all members:

I have received confirmation from the E-communications director at Miller Electric that they are aware of technical issues on the administration side and appreciate all the members input regarding site navigation and other forum problems. They are working with the site host administrators to identify and repair the problems. Andy and I also discussed the problems with the new format. He is also helping to resolve these issues.

Please be patient as the email notification, search engine, member identification, and other problems are being addressed. It is going to take some time as this was a major site update that created many unexpected glitches. Relax and continue to enjoy the forum. We, as members of the welding community, have made the "Ask Andy" forum what it is: A great place to exchange ideas and knowledge in the welding and motorsports industry. We owe Andy, Miller's electronic communications department, and the web site host the courtesy, patience, and respect that they have given us as forum members. If it were not for Miller Welding and Andy's extensive knowledge of motorsports and welding, we would not have this site to enjoy.

I have seen Andy help many people on and off this forum in the welding community. He has never mentioned or promised me or anybody else anything that he did not follow through completely. We owe it to him and Miller to lay aside our grievances and wait for what will be a fantastic new "Ask Andy" motorsports and welding forum.

Hawk,

I agree with you 99.9% of the way. My comment is that the message you have posted should have come from that E-comm director a tad earlier, I'm thinkin'.

All the best.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

She was on vacation and the host did the upgrades sooner than expected. We were all cought by surprise.
      Sorry for any confusion

Andy

Comment

members

we are members agin so i'm happy and will wait patinetly for the rest of the fixes
        as i said befor microsoft dose this to us every time they force a new windows system on us this was somewhat expected as every comp program seems to need a patch or two to work
        hang in ther it will get better

P.S. my thanks to whoever got us the member status back.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
          we are members agin so i'm happy and will wait patinetly for the rest of the fixes
          as i said befor microsoft dose this to us every time they force a new windows system on us this was somewhat expected as every comp program seems to need a patch or two to work
          hang in ther it will get better

P.S. my thanks to whoever got us the member status back.
          Yeah, but who elected Andy Super Moderator?

Comment

Super...

Originally posted by cope
            Yeah, but who elected Andy Super Moderator?
            If you ever have the chance to meet him you will find that he is a super welder, engineer, salesman, person ,and yes super moderator. I must say that Andy has probably forgotten more about this business than I will ever learn.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
              If you ever have the chance to meet him you will find that he is a super welder, engineer, salesman, person ,and yes super moderator. I must say that Andy has probably forgotten more about this business than I will ever learn.
              Hawk,

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. I have nothing but respect for the Miller/Hobart guys. BTW, I ordered a MM210 this morning. I sold my PowCon yesterday on Ebay.

Comment

ANDY IS THE SITE KING

as for the glitches i dont think anyone thought that it was andy's fault we all just complained to him cuz he can talk to thouse in charge of the update for all we know they dont even look at it after puting it in
                as the king he must here all the vilager's problems then delagat to thouse to do the repair.

thanks agin for the member
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

COPE

I know your comment was tongue in cheek. It was actually kind of humerous! I was not ridiculing you , just reminding everybody Andy is a person just like the rest of us. He is a good guy and always goes the extra mile.

Comment

Not his fault.

fun4now
                    Senior Member ,

As you said the problems are not Andy's fault. It is like I mentioned to cope: Sometimes I think we forget that Andy is a person just like us. It is easy to get caught up in the forum and forget we are all real live people. The title of Super Moderator came about shortly after some rude posts and their originator were banned from the forum. Maybe it is his way of telling this person "I am the forum moderator and I can when necessary." Whatever the reason "Super" fits Andy!

Comment

KING

I LIKE KING BETTER

WHAT DO YOU THINK ANDY (ANDY THE KING)
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]alart.com
                      JAMES

Comment

Working...
                      X