Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    2 more pictures. Welded chain links on the end for holding purge bottles. Even full loaded down with parts these tables roll easy across the shop floor. Hope this is helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n571586[/ATTACH] Here's my 2 cents for a welding table I've built 5 of these so far . I would say it's a good medium duty table that will safely hold around 3000 lbs. I use 1/2"x4'x8' plate for the top because you can clamp it flat to the the sub frame. Tried 5/8 plate it didn't pull flat that sucked. I got the casters for Grainger the part number is on the drawing I'll post.
    Last edited by Oldgrandad; 09-01-2016, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dctian@163.com
    replied
    Here is mine. Surface thickness is 0.98''. Hole diameter is 1.1'', and hole separation is 3.9''. Surface Roughness:Ra3.2.

Leave a comment:

• AV8OR
    replied
    Got an extra $35K around the shop? Check out Bluco.

Leave a comment:

• Tanker John
    replied
    http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/...ead.php?t=7329

This link will take you right to the article. The guy did a good job on the writing side, and has a slew of photos to go with it.

John

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/ I like all the boards but the Hobart is the one I go to most,,, lots of traffic.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Hobart Board?

where is the hobart board can you post a link?
    i get lost easy

Leave a comment:

• Tanker John
    replied
    I suggest that you take a look at the Hobart Board. A fellow over there wrote an article for publication about two months ago on the subject of welding tables (really good). He was looking for input from folks who really knew about welding before sending it in for publication. Good thoughts and lots of photos of other folks tables and the various custom features that they had incorporated. Lots of cool ideas.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    all i had to do was move it [/QUOTE]

So that makes you the winner?

I'm glad I didn't have to help move it!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    1"

i got a 1" table cuz it was free

all i had to do was move it

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Unless you have a specific reason to need a bench that big its a waste. I like a 3x5,,, maybe 3x6 and 1/2 plate is plenty if you put some stiffners under it. A big heavy bench can be good in a commerical fab shop if you have a bunch of maniac gorrillas with 20# beaters on it all day but in a fairly small shop it takes up too much room and it a lot to walk around and reach across. Maybe add some hangers and a shelf underneath. You can tack weld to 1/2 so much better and if you want to drill thru it you can. I have another small one for a vise.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    sorry about the mess

here is my 1"X3'X5' table
    if you can get 1" it's too cool.
    mine is on 3/16" angle irn legs.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wrench3047
    replied
    a guy in my shop wants a 4x8 1" with train rail legs. The bench will be the strongest table I ever seen. He already found the rail for free, each leg is about 150lbs. We are still waiting on the request for the table top, but we have 1/2" set to the side just in case. will post pics when/if we ever get it built.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    6'X10' is sweet

if you have the room and $$ for a 6'X10' table go for it.
    mine is 1" thick and is great you can weld your jig right to it and grind off when done
    as for the bells i have some holes in it for clampint through and have some holes for mounting my vice to it. also i have a place to clamp my groung so anthing in my vice or clamped to the table is grounded so i can just pick up the mig and go for it. i also have a gun hanger as my mig sits under my table , and a rack for C-clamps.
    if you can go 1" go for it but be ware of the $$$$ and the waight 1000lbs sounds about right for 1"X6'X10'
    my table is only 3' X 5' it took 4 people to put it in the shop

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    I think 6"x10" might be a little on the small side. Now 6'x10' would be much better. Depends on what you use it for. Also, look into readily available materials, and prices. 4'x8' and 4'x10' is available at any steel shop, but 6'x10' may be a special order, or a welded together table. Be sure to consider what you are going to use it for and how you are going to move it, a 6'x10'x2" thick is heavy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X