Tungsten grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tungsten grinder

anyone here recommend a GOOD tungsten grinder that is somewhat reasonable in the price factor?
    =====================
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Syncrowave 300

The Diamond Ground Products Piranha II is a very nice professional unit for about $600. The Power Point handheld grinder does a good job, but the wheel wears rapidly and will cost you more than the Piranha at $300 for the machine and $300 per Power Point wheel. The Piranha wheel is also about $300. It is double sided and has a very long life.

http://www.tigdepot.com/products/p32.html

These prices are high, but you get the idea.

http://www.diamondground.com/Productsoverview.html

This is a better link for the Piranha II

Comment

thank you sir, I also recieved the email
      =====================
      Miller Dynasty 200DX
      Miller Syncrowave 300

Comment

yirot, i have used the piranah.......very nice !! we had one up at school so it took a REAL BEATING and only lasted two years.....but it was in a school setting......little pricey though

i have also used the hand held one and i feel that its way to expensive for what you get....

personally i feel that you can get just as a nice dressing on the tungston with a bench grinder for a lot less $$$$

how bout a report on the dynasty.....would like to hear what you think !!!!

brian

Comment

yeah I figured the hand held ones weren't that great for the $. What I have been doing is using the bench grinder as you normally would but then polish them up with fine grit sandpaper flaps on the bench grinder as well...wipe with acetone when done and you are ready to go. They weld real nice and alot smoother like that..the smoother the finish the better obviously...but it takes me a while to prep, with the proper machine I know its about 30 seconds max I also heard they have fine grit stones you can use on the grinder to polish them up..I THINK they are around 300-400 grit. I haven't found them yet so I don't know how well it works.

Now on the Dynasty, all I can say is..its not hype..this machine is awesome!!! Great arc control, smooth, quiet..its SMOKES any those red ones we welded with at the motorsports school including their inverters..I mean its the real deal. Only problem is its too good for its own good..now I need a new helmet. My jackson doesn't pick up the arc every time so I get flashed sometimes...even with the sensitivity all the way up. I guess its a good excuse to buy a new helmet I must admit if it wasn't for you I would have bought another Syncrowave(250)..which is not bad..but this is just the next level. I WISH I had the $ for the 300 Maybe next time I upgrade Another one of my welding buddies could not believe he could weld aluminum at 200amps and maintain a sharp tungsten. Well he was so impressed, he is SELLING his machine and buying a Dynasty...thats how good that machine is. To anyone that is reading this, its not a sales pitch, hype or whatever..its that good.
          =====================
          Miller Dynasty 200DX
          Miller Syncrowave 300

Comment

Working...
          X