3 Phase Convertors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

I will probably take your suggestion as my electronic skills and knowledge are not only outdated, but somewhat rusty at best. The schematics of the 9 wire Y look quite simple and the CAP and HP calculations are not a problem. Thanks for your time.

Comment

3 phase

I too would like 3 phase I did some checking on ebay and there are a few people who sell converters here is a link to a 20hp. If you guys check it out let me know what you think and Hawk when you are up and running I would like to know what you ended up with and how well it works for you. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3829019329

Joshua

Comment

3 phase

Here is another link for a 20hp converter from a different seller http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3830165535

Joshua

Comment

Dear Hawk,

If your question hasn't been answered check with the guys at Practical Machinist. Once you are there click on the link "Phase Converters and VFD".

They are friendly guys and can answer your question.

Comment

Another way to obtain three phase from single phase is to use a large single phase motor to drive a three phase generator. Have seen this done in many rural areas and it requires less wiring than building a phase convertor and supplies true (not derived) three phase.

Comment

I appreciate everbody's replies. They are all informative and useful. I really appreciate your research and phone call Steved.

Unfortunately this project is going to take a back seat until winter if not longer. Linkpin, I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Again,

Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by AV8OR
                Dear Hawk,

If your question hasn't been answered check with the guys at Practical Machinist. Once you are there click on the link "Phase Converters and VFD".

They are friendly guys and can answer your question.
                Great link!!!

Comment

Working...
                X