what should a dynasty sound like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should a dynasty sound like?

Tried my dynasty 200dx on AC for the first time and what a racket! Are they really supposed to be that loud? Never thought I needed hearing protection for welding before, but this has me reconsidering.

Hobbyist:
    Yes, they are a bit noisy, but real pretty welds are the reward! I've welded with one of these 4 times and more to come in the fall-I can't wait!!
    Peace,

Comment

HOBBYIST,

ALL AC TIG MACHINES "BUZZ" WHILE WELDING. The Dynasty is noisier than some, but it is part of the trade. I always wear ear plugs on AC and feel like something is wrong when I weld with DC. The DC is very smooth and quiet. Fronius makes some TIG inverters that are considerably quieter than anything else on the market. They also carry a HEFTY price tag!

Comment

The only AC TIG machines I had used previously, including a synchrowave 250, seemed considerably quieter. More like a bumblebee buzzing, while the dynasty brings to mind something more like a loud buzzer alarm. But if that's normal, I guess that's just the price you pay for the inverter advantages.

Comment

Uh oh. The neighbors are not going to like that.

Comment

Working...
          X