inverter mig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    As far as power supply goes i found it cheaper just to run a new service to my garage. Out here where i live they let me use the unlimited tap rule, i just had to get a 400A meter base for the house then ran 200A service to the garage.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Because the Dynastys are single OR 3 phase.

no standardized 3 phase plugs like the single phase ones.

a-

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    cool plug

MILLER EXCLUSIVE! Multi-voltage plug allows you to connect to common 115 or 230 VAC power receptacles without the use of any tools – choose the plug that fits the receptacle and connect it to the power cord.

wonder why you dont get a plug like that for the dyn.200.

any chance you could order 1?

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Gordo,

The Miller Passport is now out. It is a 180 amp inverter mig with a built in CO2 cartridge for true portability. Of course an external gas supply hook up is available also. It features an inductance switch for hard and soft wires as well. Take a look.

Leave a comment:

• Gordo
    replied
    Update

Any updates on this topic since July? Any inverter MIG plans soon (in the 175-210 class machines)?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    lucked out !!!!!!!!

that is way pased lucked out. im not a shade of green im strait out green with envy. we should all be so lucky i think i would have gone out to get a lotery ticket the day you got that 1 . LOL
    glad to see you will have no probs with youre power

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied
    Originally posted by BCarlucci
    I guess i lucked out in my shop/garage, when i purchased the house the orginal owner and all the wiring done, and for the garage i have a 100 amp breaker 220v with 3 phase and single phase, so i guess i lucked out pretty well. So i just plug on in and have it.

BC
    Yes, that is a shade of green I'm turning.

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    replied
    I guess i lucked out in my shop/garage, when i purchased the house the orginal owner and all the wiring done, and for the garage i have a 100 amp breaker 220v with 3 phase and single phase, so i guess i lucked out pretty well. So i just plug on in and have it.

BC

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied
    Originally posted by HAWK
    Hobbyist,

If I were you, then I would wait and see. You will be pleasantly surprised and ultimately happier than if you purchase now. Hint...
    Patiently standing by...

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Hobbyist,

If I were you, then I would wait and see. You will be pleasantly surprised and ultimately happier than if you purchase now. Hint...

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied
    The Miller catalog says that on a 230v circut the MM210 only draws 27 amps at rated output and I have heard that people have run it off of a 30amp breaker without trouble. Try posting this on the hobart site.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobbyist
    My wallet is still smarting from my recent dynasty purchase, so I won't be buying a MIG right away. But when I get around to it, it will probably be something along the lines of the mm210. Since Andy suggests there could be an inverter machine in that size range in the near future, I'll be taking a look at that when it becomes available. While the mm210 has a loyal following, and I have no doubt it's a great machine, I suspect I won't be the only one looking at an inverter based alternative when it's available.
    Hobbyist,

Hang loose and be patient. "It" is oh so sweet! I

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Hobbyist:
    I have used an inverter mig {invision 345mp w/22a feeder},there are some cool features but the price is still to high for this ol boy. If money weren't an issue I would own an invision. I think you will like the mm210 when you get there, I had mine for 1-1/2 years and love it.

Peace,

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied
    My wallet is still smarting from my recent dynasty purchase, so I won't be buying a MIG right away. But when I get around to it, it will probably be something along the lines of the mm210. Since Andy suggests there could be an inverter machine in that size range in the near future, I'll be taking a look at that when it becomes available. While the mm210 has a loyal following, and I have no doubt it's a great machine, I suspect I won't be the only one looking at an inverter based alternative when it's available.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Hobbyist,

The ALT304, discontinued but may still be a few around, is a very nice 70 pound unit capable of 400 amps maximum output with 300 amps at 60% duty cycle on three phase power. But wait, it will still provide the same 300 amps on single phase power at about 35% duty cycle. The catalog lists 225 amps at 60% on single phase and that is misleading.

The XMT 304 is a current production unit very similar to the ALT. The main differences being the V/A curve on the ALT will go a bit lower in the 20 amp range and the XMT is closer to 50 amps on the bottom end. Also the ALT is "auto line" circuitry like the Dynasty. The XMT is "auto link" and will draw no more than 50-60 amps on 1 phase- less than that at 225 amps.

I set up an XMT with an 8RC wire feeder, for a client, yesterday evening on a 1 phase 40 amp outlet and it rocks at 350 amps with .035" wire. A larger wire would have pushed it to the 400 amps mark! These are multi-process machines that will MIG both voltage sense and true CV, STICK, and "lift arc" tig out of the box with only some cable, ground clamp/stinger, wire feeder, and tig torch set up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X