X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj

As far as using my credit card on-line, I've done it successfully for several years now. My browser supports 128-bit encryption, and I never deal in unsecure zones. I run spyware to kill off the "cookie intruders", and it has worked well.

hank
    Hank = informed online buyer. Yes, hackers can get credit cards online. Trust me, I know how. Do I any more? NO. Hackers can get credit card numbers online, just as easy as people steal cars. Do we stop buying cars though?

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Alex,

No offense taken. I'm a firm believer in STGTBT, and this was one of my low-cost bets on the come line. Crapped out. Oh, well. I have had good luck previously, and fun4now makes a good point about asking questions up front.

As far as using my credit card on-line, I've done it successfully for several years now. My browser supports 128-bit encryption, and I never deal in unsecure zones. I run spyware to kill off the "cookie intruders", and it has worked well.

I'm not knocking eBay, either. I like the variety and auctions are fun.

Take care, guys, and be well.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    credit card

i mever use my card on line.
    my wife got an account without credit card or using our checking account
    if you realy want to know how i can ask her.it's all greek to me i just use her account to buy with

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied
    i can never bring myself to buy any thing on ebay because you have to give out the credit card number online and you never know what you are going to end up with if you get anything. a friend of mine bought a car on ebay 2 years ago and has not seen his car or money since.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    ask a ?

its good to ask the seller a question to see if they respond to there e-mail . if you cant get an anser befor you buy you wont get an anser after when you have a problem

my wife has gotten many thing on e-bay and i a few it can be as good as it can be bad.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Hank,
    I certainly mean no offense here but, this is where the old saying "you get what you pay for" comes in to play. I buy and sell stuff all the time on eBay and have learned from experience that if it sounds too good to be true, believe me, it is. You really can find some excellent deals on eBay but it takes some doing. You should know what you really want (brand, model/part number, and item specifics), do a search for it, and then watch several auctions through closing to see what the market is for the item you want. Then, and only then, you can decide what you're willing to bid.

Weld on,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Here's the final-final on the angle grinder saga:

Took all three apart, and made one that ran out of all the parts. The drive mechanisim is cast pot metal. There was not enough lube in the head to get my fingers dirty. Put som gear lube in there and closed it up. Commutators were all showing signs of run-in to seat the brushes. I'm used to brushes that already have a concave surface to match the commutator curveature, but you don't get 'em here! Plugged in the "one grinder" and ran it - sounded OK.

Mounted a 1/16" cut-off wheel and stuck a piece of 3/8 steel tube in the vise. Made contact with the wheel, and the grinder slowed to a crawl! Backed off, and at the rate material was removed, I'd still be out there. Got on it again, and stopped the motor! Backed off, got on it again, and blooey! No more gears.

I might save the armatures for trolling weights...

This junk came from an outfit called great_toolz. No response to refund e-mail. Negative feedback left - big deal!!

Later,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    hank. yes, i know you bid just to check em out. it looks like you got hat you figured you would get. that drill i bought, from a guy that walked into the shop, was a TOTAL POS.

fun. you are correct. you can get screwed on your feedback, even though you did NOTHING wrong. i bid on 2 DALE EARNHARDT t-shirts last year. sent my m/o. i got nothing but excusess and a bad feedback, on an otherwise perfect rating

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    feed back

my wife wouldnt leave bad feed back for fear he would trash her even though we paid fast and never got our stuff 1 time then we got my trashy grinder??so i dont think you can always count on the feed back being ther.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I'll wait to leave feedback until I give him a chance to respond. His feedback is 98% positive, but the few negatives are exactly what I'm dealing with - bad product and a stonewall from the seller. I didn't get feedback for the purchase yet, either. I'm not in a real snit over $30, but if I get totally stiffed, I'll have some choice feedback, you bet!!

Be well.

hank

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    as things stand now, what feedback do you plan to leave ?
    did you get feedback for your purchace ?
    does the seller have bad feedback for this type item ?

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Well, well, well. Got the "case of 4½" angle grinders" today. No good, three for three. Didn't even get to play with one for 15 minutes like fun4now did. #1: No spindle drive. #2: Switch always "on". #3: Won't spin up; stops intantly when you turn it off.

Neat, huh? That'll cool down yer eBay enthusiasim!! Sent e-mail to the perpetrators of this travesty. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Be well.

hank

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    4 1/2" flap disks

i got 1 at walmart to try and dont think i could live without them now LOL. the welding shop has them for about $9.00 each a little pricy for me but i found them on e-bay for a much better price i orderd 10 but you can get them in sets of 10,50, and 100 and he will let you mix the grit types you want . i got 8 @ 80 grit and 2 @ 120 grit to try the 120 grit. they run about $3.00 each in sets of 10 but if you get 50 or 100 they are only $2.30 each. he also has them in 7 1/2" size. you cant beat that price. here is the link if anybody wants it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Pioneer-Abras...isplayZ2QQtZkm

they do work great on weld beads as well as just about anything else ive tryed them on

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    i bought a $.99 drill once. it was so frustrating to use i threw it out.
    and i DON'T throw things out.

my B&D 4 1/2" works fine. i gring welds with it. if you haven't tried those flapper disc's yet, get one and try it !

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    B&D

i have the black and decer now and not only do i grind welds i use a 5" twisted wire cup brush on it. i wish i could get a case of them for a buck and $29.00 shipping
    happy welding

Leave a comment:

Working...
X