ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay

I don't know how many of you shop on ebay. I never did - kinda nervous about the whole thing. Enough other people go there, though, so I thought "why not?".

Just received my first purchase via UPS: New in-the-box military surplus CO2/Ar flowmeter with the Thermadyne inspection tag still attached for $33.00 including shipping. It went on the 135's CO2 bottle, and the Smith Ar flowmeter (not CO2 rated) that came with the MM135 went on the new C-25 bottle.

Now, all I need's that MM210.

hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

You can do well on Ebay, but its the same as shopping anywhere; you have to know what its worth. A regular poster at the Hobart Forum sold his HH 175 on Ebay for more than it cost him new!

Comment

ebay use

i have used ebay many times as long as you pay over $20.00 you can get it back from ebay if needed i got my mig and plasma cutter through ebay theas guys
      http://www.andale.com/store?sid=1773...l&parentCatId=
      most are good but with anything you have a risk just check there feedback.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

when i want to buy most anything, i look to ebay first.
        looking for a good/inexpensive 110v spot welder now.

Comment

Here's a tip, once you locate a store advertising on the auction sites, go to their web site, get their 800 number, call them direct and ask if they have a none auction price on the item. Pay directly with a credit card. I have saved additional money this way.

Comment

800#

i called the 800# to pay for my mm ans spectrum but didnt ask for a diferent price i just dont like putting my credit/debit card # out there. my bank charges a overdraft fee every 5 days that im overdrafted and with a fixed income and only 1 payday a month it could get ugly fast if someone got my info so it is nowhere on my computer and if i do have to use it i cancle it and get another 1 asap. just being parinoid i ges but i had a movie i orderd start sending me more movies without telling me and they biller 2 weeks befor i got the movie so by the time i got the movie i had already bounced my account. that 1 caust me the bank as they would not work with me to fix it so i had to close the account and change banks i am crying over spilt milk here sorry.
            good luck and happy welding
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

I start with ebay for deals. If it's close to home under 10 hours I will drive and get it. You have to watch shipping and handling charge's. You can end up paying more than local. I sold 4 punch presses to a guy in Fla and he sent a truck to pick them up...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

I'm off the wall, now. Bid on a "case of 4½" angle gringers - 3 per case" for 99¢ + $29.00 shipping and handling. Won the bid for the 99¢!! We'll see...

I'll let you guys know what I get, but even a junk grinder for ten bucks ain't bad.

Be well.

hank
                Handler 210 w/DP3035
                TA185TSW

Comment

junk grinder

i got 1 of thouse for $.99 it lasted about 15 minits the power switch was bad to start but i got it to turn on and the gears stripped in 15 minuits.
                  not a great deal but maby you will do better i hope so.
                  happy welding
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

I dunno, my $30 black and decker works real well for me. Then again, I don't use it for grinding off welds.
                    -Tanner

Comment

B&D

i have the black and decer now and not only do i grind welds i use a 5" twisted wire cup brush on it. i wish i could get a case of them for a buck and $29.00 shipping
                      happy welding
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

i bought a $.99 drill once. it was so frustrating to use i threw it out.
                        and i DON'T throw things out.

my B&D 4 1/2" works fine. i gring welds with it. if you haven't tried those flapper disc's yet, get one and try it !

Comment

4 1/2" flap disks

i got 1 at walmart to try and dont think i could live without them now LOL. the welding shop has them for about $9.00 each a little pricy for me but i found them on e-bay for a much better price i orderd 10 but you can get them in sets of 10,50, and 100 and he will let you mix the grit types you want . i got 8 @ 80 grit and 2 @ 120 grit to try the 120 grit. they run about $3.00 each in sets of 10 but if you get 50 or 100 they are only $2.30 each. he also has them in 7 1/2" size. you cant beat that price. here is the link if anybody wants it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Pioneer-Abras...isplayZ2QQtZkm

they do work great on weld beads as well as just about anything else ive tryed them on
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

Well, well, well. Got the "case of 4½" angle grinders" today. No good, three for three. Didn't even get to play with one for 15 minutes like fun4now did. #1: No spindle drive. #2: Switch always "on". #3: Won't spin up; stops intantly when you turn it off.

Neat, huh? That'll cool down yer eBay enthusiasim!! Sent e-mail to the perpetrators of this travesty. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Be well.

hank
                            Handler 210 w/DP3035
                            TA185TSW

Comment

as things stand now, what feedback do you plan to leave ?
                              did you get feedback for your purchace ?
                              does the seller have bad feedback for this type item ?

Comment

Working...
                              X