X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    Coolmate 4 and 3

I meant to say I like the Coolmate 4 even though it is not stackable. The tank is molded into the body and the evaporater is on the front of the unit with the fan behind that and the pump mounted at the very back. It is a cylindrical unit made of a molded polymer with a nice carry handle on top. It is a 120VAC unit. I bought it when I was doing a lot of mobile tig work and have never regretted it.

I also have a coolmate 3 for my in shop tig machine and have no complaints. The paddle wheel indicator can be frustrating at times. If you are running a small torch the paddle may not even turn. This does not affect the Coolmates performance. It is just annoying. It is a nice unit and will cool up to 500 amp torches. It holds 3 gallons of coolant as oppossed to 4 gallons on the Coolmate 4. I would not turn my hand for one over the other unless you see a possible mobile use for it in the future. If so, then the Coolmate 4 is a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken
    FWIW, I know there is a post around here where HAWK mentions he uses a Coolmate 4 with his Dynasty 200DX. So I'm wondering whether this could be used with the Maxstar, too.
    I like the Coolmate even though it is not stackable it is very portable. You can use it on the Maxstar as easily as the Dynasty. I use a Miller #20 Diamond Back water cooled torch, Coolmate 4, and dinse adapter for the water cooled torch. CHeck my recent post on contractor kit verus individual components and I listed the adpater part number there. I am on a slow dial up for a few days while getting my network LAN back up and running or would be glad to check myself.

It makes all the difference imaginable and then some going water cooled!!!

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    replied
    In the miller book and online, you can use either the coolmate 3 (043007), the coolmate 4 (042228) or even the coolmate V3 (043009). which the coolmate you can probably pick up for around 460-480 depending on where you go. Good luck

BC

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    FWIW, I know there is a post around here where HAWK mentions he uses a Coolmate 4 with his Dynasty 200DX. So I'm wondering whether this could be used with the Maxstar, too.

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    started a topic Water Cooling

Water Cooling

Greetings all,

Ok, now I have had the Maxstar 200 for a little over a month and I kinda wish I had stepped up for the Dynasty 200 instead. Oh well. live and learn. My bad.

When I bought the welder, I ordered it with the air cooled torch kit to get started. Now, I am thinking of upgrading to the water-cooled torch.

What parts do I need to get to do this?

Interesting point, the shop where I bought the welder has been around the valley for 20+ years. Today I went in and asked for some Lanthanolated tungsten electrodes for the welder they just sold me and they hadn't even heard of them. After looking in their computer, they found some at a sister store up north and will be transfering some down for me. Meanwhile, I get to use thoriated electrodes instead. ugh!
Working...
X