• Wheels
    replied
    Thanks Dan

I have a lot to learn, but I am farther along than expected

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    3/32" filler wire is a little small for a single pass fillet on 1/4". With 3/32" you'd be better off turning the heat down some and welding the joint out in multiple passes. An 1/8" or 5/32" filler wire would help fill the joint in better on a single pass.

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Since I am having issues with corners I thought I would try a weld joint without them.

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Good probability Alex, as I am quite new to tig welding . I`m sure a lot of my problems will deminish with time and practice. Like I said ,to me tig is like patting your head and rubbing your stomache while standing on one leg.

Thanks Mike

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Is it possible that the undercut may have something to do with your torch angle, relative to the two surfaces?

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Hawk

Shift gear...weld....shift gear....weld etc.

I can still find enough time in my day to destroy a couple of perfectly good pieces of metal.

There is undercut on the vertical angle . I think I will drop the amperage and try to add more filler.

This toaster sized machine really kicks tail!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Mike,

I guess you are talking about the undercut in the corners, particularly the rear corner. If you will tack up the tube between corners and travel a bit faster into and around the corners the problem should go away. Backing off the pedal in the corners will also help you. You may also have too much stick out in the corners.
    It looks like you are having fun. How do you find the time to weld trucking all the time? Real trucker? Right! Just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    started a topic Undercut

Undercut

Dynasty200DX
    3/32 Lan tung
    Fillet
    170 A
    3/32 er70s-6 filler
    1/4 " mild steel
    Too much amperage,improper technique, or all of the above?
    The puddle formed immediately so maybe turn her down a notch?

Mike
Working...
X