Another 250 Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 250 Question?

Hate to beat it to death, but in short what advantages/differences does my Synchro 250 (analog meters) have over the Dynasty 200, if any?

Thanks

John1 (aka JWELD),
    As I understand it, your Synchro is transformer based while the Dynasty is inverter based. Supposedly, inverters draw a ton less current, i.e., it don't cost as much to operate one.

Alex
    Be cool,
    Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

time

as i understand it the transformer based machiens last longer.as ther is less electronics messing with the curent and ofcorce you have more amprige with the syncro 250 has 310Amps topside and the dynasty 200 has only 200Amps topside and 150Amps on 120V.
      bolth are fine machines .
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Thanks
        So many have told me the Synchro250 is obsolete since the Dynasty
        came out but so is my MM Vintage, but I love them.

Maybe they are just jealous. think So???

John (aka JWELD)

Thanks for the advise ref. the computer problem but really afraid to change anything. Would hate to go another three days wiothou this forum!!

Comment

jealous

i have to agree about the jealous part i would be verry happy with eather but cant get the power to run a syncrowave 250 and realy dont need the 300Amps so i have to get the dynasty as soon as i have saved enough pennies.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

What does the Dynasty 300 draw in max amps??

Comment

John,

The 300DX draws 63 amps on 230 VAC 1 phase at rated duty cycle. After some quick number crunching I think it will draw near 80 amps for short period wide open at 300 amps. Power consumption aside the 300DX will outweld any Syncrowave! Period! If I had the Syncro 250 I would not trade it for a 200DX, but would definitely trade for a Dynasty 300DX.

Let me say I run mine on a 4 guage SO cord supplied by a 50 amp Hubbell plug and matching receptacle feed by a 60 amp breaker wired with 6 gauge wire. The 6 gauge wire run is less than 2 feet form the receptacle to the box. The 4 gauge run is 65 feet from the receptacle/plug to the machine. I have never had a warm cable. I also run my ALT304 up to 400 amps at 20% duty cycle on this same set up with great results.

Comment

Jweld;
                The majority of the shops around here have a sync 250 or two and the vintage is discontinued but it is not obsolete. I know where there are 3 running 5-7 hours per day building towers, next year they are switching to inverters but for the time being they kick it with vintage. BTW they have 4 guys cutting as fast as they can to keep up with 3 welders!!!

Comment

Sometimes the question should be what's the difference between a really really good machine and a very very good machine. I had a gent call me about an inverter I had for sale on E-bay; he was looking to replace a snc250. I had to tell him he had one of the nicest machines available and that as much as I'd like to sell him what I had that he could do what he wanted with the unit he already owned. No question about differences but sometimes it's all good. I like my 200DX but it IS smarter than me! ...JEFF
                  200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

I keep seeing "BTW". What is that??

Comment

BTW...By The Way

Comment

compare

you realy cant compair the two welders (dynasty 200-syncrowave 250) as they are not in the same class.HAWK hit it on the nose if you wanted to compair your syncrowave with a dynasty you would have to compair it to a dynasty300 witch causts about 2X what your syncrowave did. they are bolth fine welders but bolth were made for different situations.if you have the room for a larger machine and have the power available the syncrowave is great .but if you have a small shop or you have to take your welder to the job insted of bringing the job to the welder then you would want the dynasty for its portability and power in options and you will pay more for theas options.
                        i would just tell whoever it is you have to keep defending your syncrowave to to just get over it you gota go weld .if you are happy with it and it gets your job done then that is all that matters.
                        happy welding
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Great post fun4now. Hits the nail on the head....
                          Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
                          Trek 5500
                          1966 Amphicar

Comment

Working...
                          X