reported post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reported post

Thanks all who reported the obscene post.

It has been deleted.

A shame idiots like that need to dilute our site and purpose.

Andy

AMEN!!!!
    Be cool,
    Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

thank you

it is a shame . i dont care what he dose in his house but i feel that this is our house and i like the fact that my child can come in.koodoes to you for removing it.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

This site is of an important nature, it's not for such foolishness.

Comment

You guys think my post was obscene? You don't know obscene.
          As far as children viewing this site, welding is an adult vocation and hobby and children have no place around welding equipment or discussions. In fact, OSHA regulations prohibit those under 18 from operating welding equipment except under supervision in an accredited vocational program.
          Grab A Hot Stick!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNakedWelder
            As far as children viewing this site, welding is an adult vocation and hobby and children have no place around welding equipment or discussions. In fact, OSHA regulations prohibit those under 18 from operating welding equipment except under supervision in an accredited vocational program.
            I must say I missed your "offensive" post. However, I have seen several children and teenagers that could run out of position stick and mig as well as many experienced adults and would not be afraid if their final product. They are turning out far better work than mass produced material on the market today. Everybody has to learn sometime. Even if such regulations exist, they, the children, should not be banned from such a wonderful forum of knowledge just because you feel the need to "grab a hot stick"!

Comment

Obviously you are quite familiar with it....

Last I checked a 15 or 16 year old kid was perfectly legal to buy himself a 110 mig welder and take up a hobby that will keep him from hanging out on the street. Boy, good thing OSHA doesn't have any jurisdiction on all the farms of America.

Comment

The day I have to wait to turn 18 before continuing my hobby is the day I move out of the US to a place I can continue. I'm 15, I weld all the time without and instructor. OSHA doesn't have that rule.
                -Tanner

Comment

[B]You guys think my post was obscene? You don't know obscene.
                  As far as children viewing this site, welding is an adult vocation and hobby and children have no place around welding equipment or discussions.

Actually, I do know obscene. I'm a member of a much different forum, and we have many obscene things. I don't belong here? Who says? Just you? Well, I won't let that stop me. If I don't belong here, perverted jerks like you shouldn't belong here either.
                  -Tanner

Comment

I GAVE my 14 year old son a 150A mig welder. He's been welding since he was 12. He can weld any position except overhead and his welds almost always look professional. For me, it's not that the post by "thenakedwelder" was particularly obscene (TV is full of that sort of crap too), but it really has no place in a forum such as this. It seemed to lack any sense of honesty, dignity, honor. I would suggest that "thenakedwelder" keep his fantasies to himself or at least keep them out of this forum, where people actually go to learn something and not just mouth off.
                    Be cool,
                    Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
                    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

Thought it is ironic that the intro page has a Welcome to our newest member:thenakedwelder, just goes to show, everyone is still welcome here...Paul
                      More Spark Today Pleasesigpic

Comment

The-----welder:

Many of the members of this site are Pro welders as well as amatures. I am an informed and well studied amature. I make my living running printing presses, and we as a printing shop will choose what we will allow in our shop, the dribble of the deleted post would not make it to our pressroom.

I started reading and posting here as a way to relieve stress, during my wifes cancer treatment. The truth is that my wife suffers from melanoma cancer which is the second largest catagory of welding related cancers. My wife may be OK, we are forever hopeful but the doctor gave us a 60% chance of 5 years or more, she is 37 and the 60% would make her 42 years old. Think before you weld without full skin protection, your cancer should give you less chance than my wife. You may not care but, we as a group do not wish to see needless suffering, when protection and common sense is the answer.

The discovery channel makes no contribution except to intrest young people to work unsafely and it makes my blood boil. I have a narrow area of influence but if shouting from the rooftops would prevent people from welding without protection I"d do it!

My standard conclusion to my posts is either weld well, weld safe or peace, I hope for all three, take care,

Comment

This (person) is trying to get a reaction to his posts. If the offensive posts persist I am sure he will be booted off in short order.What he does in private is no concern of mine,but his comments on this board should be censored!!

Mike
                          Regency 200 w/30A
                          Dynasty 200 dx
                          Esab 875 plasma
                          MM350-P w/30A

Comment

Sorry if you took offense at my post or considered it obscene.
                            I was just trying to introduce myself to this message board in a novel and shocking way. In reality, I DO NOT WELD NAKED OR PLACE A MIG GUN SOMEPLACE THAT IT DOESN'T BELONG. I was just joking. I hope you didn't think I was serious.

Have a Happy 4th.
                            Grab A Hot Stick!!

Comment

Working...
                            X