Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCarlucci
    replied
    I've heard it all, i've heard that prices on steel are coming down but at a slow pace, but will never get back down to where they were before the huge price increases. I just find it odd how my customers are telling me this, but yet my suppliers for welding wire and tig rod and stick are all having more increases. Personally i think it's getting ridiculous (sorry about the spelling). Going from what i've read and can remember, the prices went from around 250 a ton for cold rolled steel up to 650 a ton. But i'm crossing my fingers, because i don't like having to raise my customers welding wire prices .

BC

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    One of my suppliers made his Aug/Sept purchases last week. He said the prices were down slightly. I asked how slightly. He said we won't hardly notice. The good thing was the next prices he was getting for the next delivery were down from the Aug price. Again, slightly. It looks like they are going down, just not very fast.

Don

Leave a comment:

• dcsound
    replied
    I don't think it's just steel. It's all metals. I use a lot of prefabricated stage truss made of aluminum and steel as well as iron pipe and the cost has really gone up. I also use a lot of heavy gauge copper wire, #2 through #4-0 for heavy 3 phase AC power feeds, and copper has just skyrocketed. There isn't really too much that the price of isn't rising. Many newspapers list metal prices in the business section near the stocks. Check some back issues and see if there is a trend.

Leave a comment:

• cunninglinguist
    started a topic Steel prices

Steel prices

Do you think the price of steel will come down? I was shocked what I was quoted for when I went shopping for some sheet metal.

I don't know the historical prices of steel ie. if it fluctuates wildly. Is this a short term thing?

I want to know because I'm low on funds and want to plan my projects out as best as I can. I want to make a new bed for my pickup. I talked to another owner and it cost him 400 bucks in materials last year. It will probably be like 700 this year.
Working...
X