X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrXtreme
    replied
    Okay, I can't resist....

Grumpy makes a good point. If you watch tada... the Miller Bike episosdes, you can watch Junior and Senior arguing, and in the background you'll see the 75th anniversary bike chrome and un-chrome itself, all in the (supposed) same scene. You can also see bikes appear and disappear in the background. You'll see stuff finished in one scene and then being worked on in a later scene. I guess their continuity guy is asleep. All in good fun...

And if you watch the biker buildoff finals, Chica-san (and he's another HB local boy) ends up in the hospital with eyeball flash burn. But it looked like he was wearing a hood.

Later...

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Don't forget your watching edited for television. What you see is not always the exact sequence. Editors love to 'cut and paste'.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    big window eleats

miller gave them all big windo eleat helmits they just dont always wear them the other night i was watching the dad stand there squinting waiting for the welding to stop . get a clue and a screen.

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    replied
    I love watching these guys just close their eyes and weld, i mean jeez a normal straight shade helmet is around $20.00 bucks, i'd like to see them get some flash burn, then they'll learn their lesson. Flashing is not a fun time.

BC

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    AMEN brother

Leave a comment:

• arcdawg
    replied
    those guys give welders a bad name !!! SAFTEY FIRST !!!

dawg

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Don:
    Right on, you include the prices, that makes you da man!

I love my mm210 w/spoolgun,

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    By the time you buy the spool gun and SGA controller, you could have payed for the MM210. You are looking at $1315 for MM175 and spoolgun and $1199 for MM210 ( $1715 with spool gun). You'd get more bang for the buck with the 210 ( if you're doing lots of aluminum ). Lots more capability and power.

My two cents
    Don

BTW, those numbers are from B&R Welder current specials.

Leave a comment:

• Wheat
    replied
    Can't speak too much for the 175-180 class machines. But yes an adaptor is needed to use the spoolgun. The 210 is easy to use the spoolgun. It just plugs into a built in spoolgun socket in the front of the machine. No changing gas solenoids, the machine automatically senses what gun you are using. HTH...

Leave a comment:

• dcsound
    replied
    So if I'm reading this and the online literature correctly, in addition to more providing more current, the MM210 has the capability to accomodate a spool gun for aluminum welding without any adaptation and to have a spool gun, mig gun, and dual shielding gasses connected at the same time. The MM175 requires an adapter for the spool gun and must be manually converted between mig gun and spool gun usage. The 210 appears to be about twice the cost and weight of the 175, but is more powerful and convenient.

As far as the OCC crew, I totally agree with you guys about the bad example for welding safety that they are setting. Although I am really not that experienced, I am well aware of basic safety precautions. For the most part they weld without a wearing a heavy coat and gloves, and with other people in the area. I mentioned in my earlier post that about 10 years ago I had used an old stick welder which is no longer safe. I was attempting to weld thin steel with a small electrode. The amperage dial was so out of calibration without me knowing it that I ended up putting the full 300 amps through, thereby pretty much vaporizing the work and the electrode and splattering all over the place. Fortunately I was making a test weld on scrap and wearing a heavy canvas Carhart coat and thick gloves. One episode like this will really make one think about safety.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    posters, banners, posters oh yea !!!!!!!!!

oh yea the posters everywhere are definetly cool wish i had all thouse to hang on my shop walls (give me a reason to build a bigger shop as i would need more walls LOL )

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    safty

they realy are seting a bad example for all the new welders out there .as im shoure they have gotten many people into the ideal of taking up welding its just too bad they are starting them off with bad habits. and we all know its harder to unlern then it is to lern.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    MM251, Dynasty200, Spectrum 625

A-

Leave a comment:

• Wheat
    replied
    American Chopper I think uses the MM251. You can see the digital display. Anybody out there know what tig machine they use?? Gotta love Miller posters all over the walls...Now if they only practiced welding safety.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Welcome aboard DC.

I think they all hit it right on. It sounds like with your skill set, the MM210 or 175 would be the way to go. American Chopper does also use some inverter Tig units but those will be a bit pricey to start with and the learning curve longer. I fear you would be disenchanted after trying to get the hang of it.

Good luck!

Andy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X