Millermatic pulser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic pulser

Hey Andy, I'm going to be buying a better mig welder(than I'm currently using). I'm really interested in the pulser module. I understand that it can weld thin aluminum but I was wondering how it performs on mild and stainless? How would it work on .065(or 16 guage) tubing? Would the pulse feature be better for appearance and less burn through on this thinner material?

I'm very intersted in hearing your response

Thanks!!

Anyone have or used this machine? I'm planning on getting a machine very quickly!!

Comment

pickett,
      The Pulser is good unit but the pulse side was designed to be used on aluminum only. There is no advantage using the pulse side of this unit on steel or stainless steel.

The Pulser would do a fine job doing just a plain old short circuit transfer on 16ga steel and stainless but if that is all you plan on using it for you should just buy a Millermatic 210 or 251.

If you really want to pulse those materials then you should check out the new Millermatic 350P as this unit was designed to pulse those materials along with aluminum.

Hope that helps, good luck with your decision.

Kevin

[email protected]
      Kevin Schuh
      Service Technician
      Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Great, thanks! That's what I needed to know in my desicion. How do you think the 350p compared to tig(say dynasty 200dx)compares on the thin stuff?

thanks again!!

Comment

pickett,
          What you are actually welding with the equipment has more to do with which process is better Tig or Mig/Pulsed Mig than any other factor. Both machines will do a great job on 16ga and even thinner material but you have to consider your specific application and decide what process fits best for you.

Kevin
          Kevin Schuh
          Service Technician
          Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Thanks for the response, the application would be for custom auto exhausts(stainless and mild) butt welding tubing/fillet welding to flanges. Appearance is very important. I'm interested in the new mig pulse technology because it could eliminate having 2 processes/machines. I'm trained and certified in mig and tig but have yet to try the mig pulser. Now I'm really interested in the 350p. I'm actually ready to buy NOW but I just want to make the right desision!! Any more advice??

Thanks again

Comment

Pickett,

The 350P is a fine unit and gives great results on SS and Alum. The issue would be whether you could keep up with the machine.... In a pulse spray mode welding around tubing could be a trick unless you made some sort of turn table. I have not tried it yet on pulse SS but will do so when I get some more filler.

A-

Comment

Cool, I almost know what to get. I'm just going to get a 175 for a mig. I just need to decide on the tig: A maxtar 200dx or dynasty 200dx. What advantages does the dynasty have over the maxtar? I don't see too much difference in the catalog. I'm hoping that with what my application is for, the maxtar would be just fine.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by pickett
                  Cool, I almost know what to get. I'm just going to get a 175 for a mig. I just need to decide on the tig: A maxtar 200dx or dynasty 200dx. What advantages does the dynasty have over the maxtar? I don't see too much difference in the catalog. I'm hoping that with what my application is for, the maxtar would be just fine.

Thanks again!!
                  With the dynasty 200DX, you can do aluminum and magnesium. Can't do those with the Maxstar 200DX. Go dynasty
                  -Tanner

Comment

"With the dynasty 200DX, you can do aluminum"

That's the big difference!!! O.K thanks guys for all your replies, it helped alot!!

Cheers!!

Comment

Hands down the Dynasty is the most versitile unit and packs the most punch for the size.

Good luck!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X