Welding Rearends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Rearends

What filler rod should I use to weld brackets to a Ford rearend?

Which process are you using?

Comment

TIG

Comment

stick it

why tig a rear end seems like stick would work better on dirty parts?unless you are talking car show work?
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Yo-Diva

I assume it's a clean rear end or aftermarket?

If it's a stock piece, use a mild steel filler like ER80SD2 it has additional deoxidizers in it. If aftermarket tubes are installed, then that opens you up to other specialty fillers like the TIGTECTIC 680 filler or even a plain 312. Some aftermarket tubes are pretty thick and may need preheat. Preheating should be done around the whole tube where the welding is to take place. This will reduce pulling and warping. When we weld on rearends, I always check them for straightness after. You would be amazed how much the tube can bend when heat is applied. If this is a circle track car this step is critical as a tube that is cambered the wrong way will result in less tire patch contacting the track in the corners.

Good luck!!

Andy

Comment

Thanks for your help. The rearend is a new Ford Racing 8.8 that going in a Kit Car.

Comment

Way cool!

Comment

Working...
              X