chop saw VS band saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horizontal saw

i didnt see 1 in milwaukee's line up . so far i have only found a 1hp. clark but have no ideal what names good for steel work as i was a carpenter fo 20yrs any 1 know if clark is any good or who should i look for?
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Re: horizontal saw

Originally posted by fun4now
      i didnt see 1 in milwaukee's line up . so far i have only found a 1hp. clark but have no ideal what names good for steel work as i was a carpenter fo 20yrs any 1 know if clark is any good or who should i look for?
      James,

Milwaukee stuck with hand tools, their bread and butter. Jet, Delta, Grizzly and a lot more companies make a decent 4X6 horizontal. You can also swing the head up and use them as a vertivcal like the woodworking bandsaws you probably are used to. I am considering a bandsaw but I am crowded for space; when I get one I will either go with Jet or Grizzly. Most of these saws come from Taiwan; those that do are probaly all made in a Geetech factory. Just like Chevy/Pontiac/Cadillac there are quality differences. Some farm & ranch type dealerships sell private label saws also.

Comment

Yes there is a stand made for the Milwaukee portable band saw. I have one for my porta-band saw. I bought mine through Grainger, but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere cheaper.

Comment

supper thanks

just want to give a big thanks to all that helped here.
          im new to steel work and you have all been great.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

I wanna vote too!!!!

Been there done that with the chop saw and now it sits under the steel rack waiting for something heavy to fall on it so I can toss it. It was OK before I got the bandsaw and never used it again.
            I got this used Ellis saw for $400.00. There are some good deals out there or try some of the low cost tool houses. J&L Tool sells some nice low cost band saws and so does Harbor freight. Both have some with hydro feed in the $500 range. Now a true cold saw is like a chop saw but much better. These are very accurate but pricey. Love to have one but....

Good luck.

Andy
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X