Clear All

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Heiti; Thanks

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    pjseaman
    sounds like an excellent project... and a great philisophy.. next time you browse a flea market... keep your eyes open for Popular Mechanix , Mechanics Illustrated etc... from the 1930s through 1950s... they are just full of projects and ideas ..adaptive engineering....mind candy..
    am proud of ya... keep up the good work...
    Heiti

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Finally I'm back my power was out along with the phone and cable for a few days.
    Heiti-on my gagage door is paul's glyphic HDI-GID stands for How Do I-Get It Done! The question is always how do I. I never say quit, Instead I say how do I. Often I hear an idea that leads me another way, you got me started now I am building a liquid fertilizer spreader, chemical sprayer for a friend out of a scavenger pump and 2-10' sections of steel tubing. Best of all its cost effective and a similar to a model that costs $1700 and our net is $150 thanks for the inspiration.

This is why I love it here!

Peace and Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    Well Said!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    pjseaman
    there is nothing that any of us cannot accomplish if we desire.... applying some thought and resourcefulness coupled with some patience will win you the world... is just a matter of applying yourself... turning a deaf ear to those that tell you that you cannot do it... and enjoying the wonder of a world without limits... whether some of these projects are what some consider practical is a different matter... if you desire it enough you will find a way to do it.... does not require an outragious IQ or huge bank account... just thought and drive... and of course imagination... A Fabricator is one who builds things.... nuff said...
    Heiti
    BTW if the naysayers ruled the world... everything would be a dull grey with one bland flavor of icecream and one type of car in the same color... build your dreams.. enjoy your mind and your creativity... in living color.....

REMEMBER HISTORY: at the juncture of every great advance... there was always a well credentialed panel of "EXPERTS" that certified that it could not be done... that was true for the steamboat...,, lighbulb.. automobile... airplane.. computer... and so many other things... after all if the experts could not do it how could those dummies like Fulton, Edison, Wrights.. and others hope to accomplish the impossible???? lest we forget... EINSTEIN was a self taught Swiss patent clerk... what did he ever amount to anyway?????

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    canuck said he too wanted a coolmate , but for now he is getting a 200 amp air cooled torch from a friend .
    i was replying to his post sorr to confuse you.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Heiti:
    Yes, that is a compliment and I feel there is nothing more important than character. Welding and fabrication makes me think at things in totally new way. The idea of building some of these things never occured to me. You keep me thinking and searching for new ways to get it done. Thanks a bunch!

Peace,

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Its early

I am sorry but it early not awake all the way. I did not understand your message fun4now.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    friend

friends are priceless and it sounds as this one has bought you some time to save up for what you realy want.
    it is always nice to have time to save up and get that extra little somthing.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied
    I would love to buy a coolmate but nothing is ever that easy.I think that I will look into building one maybe. As for now I am getting a 200 amp air cooled torch from a friend which should be good for those higher amp days and maybe even helium/argon. Thanks to all.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    pjseaman
    think that was a compliment... and thanks... but guess that I am a bit of a Dinosaur.... the reason that I posted on this one had a lot to do with all of the capable minds and hands that participate here... if you are not in a hurry and are willing to think and build.. as well as scrounge a bit... you can build some things that are every bit as good and durable as the commercial units.... save some money... and have the pride in having figured it out and built it.....
    THANKS!!!
    Heiti

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Re: selling 180

Originally posted by fun4now
    dont know if this will help but might give you a good starting point if you sell . consider shipping $$$ unless you sell local.
    you can get a new 180 with running shiped to dore on line at $1,611.00
    ive been looking at geting one myself in about 6 months i hope . may i ask y you want out of you'rs??
    I would let it go for $1300 but could not help(other then packing it up and sending it) with the shipping, also it does not have the running gear. its very new bought new 4/1/04 and still has the wood bolted to the bottom.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Heiti:
    You are a character for the ages, build it because----you can!
    I really enjoy your insite into welding and fabrication, thanks.

Be well,

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Homebuilt Cooler

for what it is worth have built a few water cooling units... the key to doing it inexpensively is to find a carbonation pump unit for a soda fountain... they use the same type of vane pump as is in the commercial unit.... they do show up at flea markets and junk stores from time to time... and at scrapyards...(approx $20-40) that is the heart of the system and the most expensive part... using only a 3 gallon tank you can get by without a radiator.... but scrap automotive evaporators are plentiful and work slick.... putting one together will involve some time and labor ... and time is money so it is probably a wash unless you enjoy putting together your own stuff.... and the coolmates are very nicely packaged... so guess it is really a matter of personal preference... for me I enjoy tinkering so tend to build some stuff just for the fun of it...
    hope this helps
    Heiti

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Gary,

A coolmate 3 will handle anything you will weld. Plus you can always keep it when you upgrade to a new machine! (like a Dynasty)

You will need a special adapter for the Sync 180 to water cooler. The part # is 194721.

Good luck!

Andy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X