Hardsurfacing Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardsurfacing Wire

I would like to use my Millermatic 251 to hardsurface some seeding tools (metal to earth). What type of wire is recommended and what type of gas? Is this preferable to using arc? If arc is preferred what type of rod? Thank you in advance.

Stanley
    while not proper hardfacing wire.... for smaller tools like rototillers etc.... 308/316 stainless wire works very very well.(the nickel and chromium content make it abrasion resistant)...but.. for big construction equipment... real hardface wire is required.. and there are many out there.... but do not use much... when I do.. will stick weld and use the STOODY rod that is carbide impregnated...
    hope this helps
    Heiti
    BTW the cast iron nickel rod also works pretty well for high impact high abrasion surfaces...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Stanley

I'm kinda partial to McKay hardsurfacing products, but they can be a little pricey. Take a look at these product sheets and see if they may work for you.Hardalloy 140 Tube-Alloy 255-G Tube-Alloy 240-O

Hope this helps!

Must have been replying at the same time as H80N, didn't see their reply. Do agree though. SS wire is cheaper by far and would work!
      Chris

Comment

I don't know how much wire you need, but Lincoln has a product Lincore 60-G that is available in .045 on 10# spools. It's specs are just what you need and runs with 75/25, Argon/CO2 gas

Stock # is ED029937 on 10# spools and ED029936 on 25 # spools

Stoody makes a good product also, 965-G in .045 on, I believe 33# spools.

The Mckay wire is good too, I just gave you a couple more alternatives, depending on what your dealer stocks or sells.

Comment

Originally posted by cnslmva
          Stanley

I'm kinda partial to McKay hardsurfacing products, but they can be a little pricey. Take a look at these product sheets and see if they may work for you.Hardalloy 140 Tube-Alloy 255-G Tube-Alloy 240-O

Hope this helps!

Must have been replying at the same time as H80N, didn't see their reply. Do agree though. SS wire is cheaper by far and would work!
          I HAVE BEEN PARTIAL TO MCKAY FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS AND AM PRETTY RELIGIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO USING THEIR PRODUCTS.

Comment

Working...
          X