No announcement yet.

Best all-a-round cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a great deal you have HAWK. Thanks for the pictures. It is great to see business owners co-operating on a day to day basis like that. In today's cut throat business world, it is a refreshing look into the way most businesses "Used" to operate. It is amazing, in the last 20 years in this business, how many of those type of relationships I have seen crumble. Sadly, doing business on a handshake and never stabbing your fellow businessman in the back, is becoming more and more of a thing of the past.

There is a lesson to be learned here for all you younger guys just getting started. Try to work "with" your competitors. There is nothing to be gained from cutting each others prices and duplicating each others services. There is plenty of work out there, no need to have it all. In the long run, you will be more profitable, and you will sleep better at night.

HAWK, my company, at least my original company, was very big into mechanized cutting and welding sales. We have been a Koike Aronson dealer forever, and I can remember when we sold Airco, 6060, electric eye cutting machines. Still have a few still out there and running. While I can see that your friends machine in the picture is a little dated, with a little preventative maintenence, and the occaisional upgrade, these things give a real long service life. It is amazing how a CNC table, at least in my area, has gone from being something that only the biggest shops had, to something we sell regularly now to small fabricating shops. The payback for most has been fantastic.

Comment

sweeping it

hawk
      here i thought the only draw back would be sweeping up all that 10,000 ft at end of day. im shoure if i ever walked in to play you are right i would be like a kid in a candy store wandering around drooling all over the place.(MORE TO CLEAN UP!!! LOL)
      thanks for the offer although i have no present plans for travel,but if i do ill put you on the list if at all possible

klms
      it seams we have lost our values and work ethics in too many places it is a shame
      all we can do is expect the best of people ,give our best to people and hope it works out more than we get burned you have to think positive .
      SSL
      be happy and well
      james
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Working...
      X