Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk, ever use the 200OX any more?

Will do a lot of 1018 1/16-3/16 and Alu < 1\4. 300 is too much $

Was hoping that the 200DX with the Lath tungsten would fill the bill....

Comment

Canuck,

The zirconiated should work well on AC, but has no DC application as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
        Hawk, ever use the 200OX any more?

Will do a lot of 1018 1/16-3/16 and Alu < 1\4. 300 is too much $

Was hoping that the 200DX with the Lath tungsten would fill the bill....

GWB,

I rely on my 200DX for most of my mobile needs including non critical stick. I hate to admit it, but have had some polarity swapping issues on AC with the machine and it is in for warranty work. I have thoroughly researched the problem and it happens to be a fluke out of the clear blue sky. Long story short: new PCB's and PS IGBT's. It should be like new in a day or two.

The 300DX is a heavy cash item especially for the small shop and hobby type user. The 200DX will do a great job on 1018 .063"-.188" with argon. It will also do .250" aluminum except for fillets on argon. Throw 75% he in with 25% argon and it will smoke .250" large weldment fillets easily. The duty cycle will decrease when wide open at 200 amps, but I have run mine for 3 and 4 minutes at a time like this. It is rated at 2 minutes out of 10 wide open and 6 out of 10 minutes at 150 amps. I believe it will fit your needs nicely. Lanthanated tungsten is my choice and I stand firmly by it. The 1.5% works great on the 200DX. The extra power of the 300 is nice to have, but the cost is significant!

Comment

Thanks Hawk I will stick with the lanthanated for steel.

Comment

If you use the search function you will discover that this topic has been beaten to death on online welding forums.
            I'll take my red toriated tungsten over anything else for DC tig welding. In the industrial and construction worlds,thats all you will see. And for good reason.
            These so called health risks are so minimal, you have nothing to worry about.
            Lincoln Idealarc 250
            Miller Bobcat 250
            Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
            Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Originally posted by snoeproe View Post
              If you use the search function you will discover that this topic has been beaten to death on online welding forums.
              I'll take my red toriated tungsten over anything else for DC tig welding. In the industrial and construction worlds,thats all you will see. And for good reason.
              These so called health risks are so minimal, you have nothing to worry about.
              There have been many threads here too...

As long as this ancient thread has been reopened

here is a DG ad that reflects current thought

http://www.diamondground.com/thoriat...-discontinued/

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Try out the E3 electrodes. Those you can use for AC & DC. I used to use Pure aluminum and Thoriated, then I was recommended E3's and have been using those ever since. They are awesome and about as much as a pack of thoriated but keeps you sticking to one type. I still keep 1 or 2 just for aluminum with a balled tip but the other 8 in the pack I use on brass, steel, stainless, etc.
                if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Working...
                X