Sncrowave problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sncrowave problems

I tried the soap and water leak test and had no leaks in the system. But I did find out what was wasteing my gas. There is a small amount of gas coming through the torch all the time it is not much but it may have contributed to rate at which my gas is used. It even happened when the machine was turned off. Is this a normal thing or is it a problem ? Maybe someone from Miller can help.
    Thanks Kyle.

this happens with our syncrowave 250DX at our highschool...I think it's normal. Sometimes I'll fiddle with the hand control adjuster and it stops..try messing with the foot pedal or what have you and see what happens
    -Tanner

Comment

There must be some crap stuck in the solenoid valve. This happens when people try to teflon tape the argon fittings. Remember, only pipe threaded fittings need teflon. Dont teflon any gas, water, or cylinder connection fittings.

Comment

I agree...The solenoid sometimes gets crap sent through the hose and sticks the plunger. You can take it apart but be careful not to lose the small spring under the plunger or the o-ring that seats the valve top. Usually the valve body can be blown out with compressed air and then reassembled.

Shouldn't leak like that.

Does it leak when the machine is off too?

A-

Comment

Yes it dose leak when the machine is turned off. I was welding with it today and had had to keep backing off the regulator screw so I would not lose any gas.

Comment

Good point GTA/Spec. I have seen some real messes with teflon tape on threads that do not seal. If it is not a tapered NPT thread, it doesn't get taped. All standard cylinder/regulator, hose/regulator, and hose/machine connections seal on a tapered seat of some sort, either brass to brass, or with an o-ring or gasket type of seal. Using teflon will not only help seal these fittings, but it can lead to problems with gas solonoids and such also. Sorry to rant, just one of my pet peeves.

Like everyone else said, the solenoid valve should shut the gas off completely, when the machine is in either the on, or off position.

Comment

Originally posted by GTA/SPEC
              There must be some crap stuck in the solenoid valve. This happens when people try to teflon tape the argon fittings. Remember, only pipe threaded fittings need teflon. Dont teflon any gas, water, or cylinder connection fittings.
              I know this thread is very old, but home come my brand new gauges that came with my miller machine had teflon tape on them. 99% it was teflon tape.
              http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

If you're referring to the pressure or flow gauge(s) on your regulator, chances are they're 1/8" NPT, hence the thread tape/sealant.

There won't be any sealant where the regulator meets the bottle, or where the hose meets the regulator.
                Dynasty 200DX
                Spectrum 375
                Next up: Millermatic 251

Comment

Working...
                X