Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoolgun for hobart 175 handler

Hello ,
    I would like to know if anyone makes a spool-gun for a hobart 175 handler welder ?
    thank you !

Welcome aboard 1969!

Yup...Miller Spoolmate 3035 with a SGA-100 adapter box should get you running.
    Heres a link to the owners manual.

Hope this helps.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1216b_mil.pdf

Andy

Comment

Welderman:
      Welcome, can't say about the controlbox but I have this spoolgun on a mm210 and it really works well for my type of work. Mostly 1/8" wall 1-1/4" t6061 square tube.
      I've used it quite a bit and the only advise I've got buy plenty of extra tips at first. I run .035 tips for both .030 and .035 wire, I prefer .030 but seem to find .035 given to me so I use it more often than not. When I am buying I buy Alcotec 4043, it feeds really well it lays down nice and very consistantly.
      I hope this helps some,

Comment

you're h-10 gun

miller dose make a liner for the h-10 to use on alum. part#194 014 if you dont have enough alum. work to warent the $600 ish that the spoolmate and controler will run you. as the hobart is a miller matic 175 with a little less controle (4 heat setting's insted of full dial)im shoure you will need the spoolmate and controler.
        good hunting and happy welding
        James
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

fun4now,
          The liner you mentioned is for aluminum wire but is not meant to be used with the H-10,M-10 or M-15 guns. It is for 3/64" (.047) aluminum wire only which is to large for the small mig units using these guns.

The best method of course is to use a spoolgun. If that is not feasible then use a fresh standard liner (one that has not had any steel wire run through it),keep the gun as straight as possible and use a very light drive roll tension so you don't crush the wire.

The welds will be ok within the material thicknesses the units are capable of welding but the gas coverage is not what it should be for aluminum so you do get alot of soot around the welds. You should also expect to have feed issues as the soft aluminum wire does not like to cooperate when being pushed through a 10' gun.

Kevin
          Kevin Schuh
          Service Technician
          Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

The HH does have a tapped voltage selection instead of the infinite control on the MM, but this is only a selling feature, it does NOT limit the control available in the machine for welding. In fact, to many, it makes it a better machine because it is easier to dial in, though the door charts on both are very accurate. The real control is in the selection of wire speed after getting the voltage set to the right tap, and both machines have infinite settings for wire speed. The HH is just as capable as the MM.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevin
              [B]fun4now,
              The liner you mentioned is for aluminum wire but is not meant to be used with the H-10,M-10 or M-15 guns. It is for 3/64" (.047) aluminum wire only which is to large for the small mig units using these guns.

the 2004 welding components and parts guidelists part #194 014 liner,monocoil 1/16 al wire x 10 ft nyl.
              i am aware that this same part # is also used for the m-25 nad 40.
              if you check you will find that all M series guns use the same liner. as for pushing the wire if he uses 5356 he should be fine. if you wish to check you will find part listed on page 22 of parts book . ask your dealer to check it for you .
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

I think the problem with running that small of wire through a big liner is that the wire will start to snake inside the liner and cause "bird nesting" at the drive rolls. Plus, I personally dis-like the 5356 unless you need to run it for strength. The 4043 will look nicer and have a better color match. The 5356 leaves a sooty or darker apearance a lot of times because of the higher magnesium content. I would go with the standard 194011 liner to fit the wire tighter.

Either way, good luck and let us know.

A-

Comment

Working...
                X