Duty Cycle of MM 251

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Cycle of MM 251

You know I have posted many questions concerning the capabilities of my MM Vintage. After comparing, correct me if I am wrong, I pleasantly find the Vintage has the same output/duty cycle as the MM 251 up to 250 amps.
    ?? Is the MM 251 an upgrade and did it in fact replac the MM vintage with a few more goodies??
    Thanks

I love my Vintage more each day!!

Jweld:
    At 250 amps the duty cycle is 40%. The numbers sound the same. The question is why were the two machines offered at the same time. With the questions your asking are you expanding production or doing special setups in one machine and routine with another?

Comment

Just couldn't understand why they discontinued the Vintage.

Comment

Looks like new and improved, so to speak!

Comment

JWELD,

Your Vintage is a very capable unit. You can run short arc, globular, or spray transfer with it. Also, it'll run a gas shielded fluxcore. Hang on to this unit. Personally, I d take a properly designed tapped voltage machine over a variable machine, because i like the the softer arc of the tapped machine over the crisper arc of a variable voltage machine.

The MM 251 actually replaced the MM 250X, which replaced a couple different versions of the MM 250. If I remember right, the MM 250 replaced the MM 200 (tapped voltage machine), however, not everyone was impressed with the MM 250 so the Vintage was brought out for the consumer that still wanted the softer arc of a tapped voltage machine.

Miller makes an awesome tapped voltage selection machine. There tapped voltage machine have a incredibly smooth soft arc. One of my machines at work is a MM 185 and I own a MM 210, and these two machine lay down a sweet weld bead that really wets out nicely. Its sad to see that Miller is having replace there tapped designs with a variable voltage control because of the consumers demand for the vaiable control, which honestly really isn t needed in most cases.

Comment

JWELD,

Here are my thoughts:

Why did they discontinue the Vintage, the CP252TS, and other machines in the MIG line? Miller has many great machines, but at one point had too many machines within the same amperage range. When certain machines got trimmed from the line it was based on past sales and market demand. Some machines were dropped, some remained as is and others were upgraded and/or redesigned.

Comment

JWELD,

I own some of Miller's disontinued machines and would not trade them for what's out there now under anybody's name. That is not to say the new stuff is not as good or better than the discontinued line. I am only saying what I have suits my purposes and there is no need to change or upgrade because there is a newer machine on the market.

If it were financally possible, I'd like to have one of most every machine miller had made and makes- a working museum of sorts. However, that is neither possible nor feasible.

Comment

Working...
              X