dynasty 300dx HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynasty 300dx HF

Cannot get HF to work our dynastey 300. It is set at tig HF for dc process using remote std. I can only get an arc by touching and scratching and then not on a regular basis. When I do get an arc the HF will work when the tungsten is hot. After the tungsten cools down I loose it. Maybe I am missing something but I have been through the book and gone over and over the procedures. Maybe someone can help. I would appreciate any input Thanks 1206

There are several things to check,

your tungsten maybe glazed in oxides, reprep it you can adjust the Impulse Start parameters through the backdoor menu system. get your manual, and check impulse time, impulse amperage, start amperage, start time, and impulse start polarity. Also check the stupid things, like torch connections, ground clamp condition and connection, and make sure that you mixed your coolant with deionized water.

Comment

10-4 GTA!

The tungsten will tend to frost up and not start well. Try scratching the tunsten before even trying to start and see if that helps. This will clear any oxides off the tip to give a clean starting point. You may try to boost starting parameters like GTA said. Also, if you are using regular Thoriated tunsten or trying to use pure tung, you will experience bad starts.

There was a small period where we had a vender problem with a capacitor on the HF starting board. You can try calling our service department to see if your unit falls into this area. They will replace it free if it does.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
        10-4 GTA!

The tungsten will tend to frost up and not start well. Try scratching the tunsten before even trying to start and see if that helps. This will clear any oxides off the tip to give a clean starting point. You may try to boost starting parameters like GTA said. Also, if you are using regular Thoriated tunsten or trying to use pure tung, you will experience bad starts.

There was a small period where we had a vender problem with a capacitor on the HF starting board. You can try calling our service department to see if your unit falls into this area. They will replace it free if it does.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Comment

GTA/SPEC--ANDY

Thanks for your input. I did get the HF going,however Im not sure how or why.I pushed the memory pad from 1 to 2 and it started working. I went on around back to 1 and it continues to work.The only bad thing I can find with the 300DX is that it is smarter than I am. I am still learning with it but it is one heck of a machine. Thanks again to both of you for your imput.Iapoligize for being so slow to respond but I had some computer problems.
          Thanks again! 1206

Comment

No problem.

Hope it stays good. Try to use the Lanthanated or Ceriated tungsten if you can.

Have fun

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X