Miller blue paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller blue paint

Hi group, Where can I get some Miller blue paint or the paint code?. I see some used welders that need repainted, how about replacement decals also. Thanks...Bob
    Bob Wright

Bob,

Miller has sent me many decals in the past. Just tell them what machines you are refinishing and they will get you the right decals and maybe turn you onto the paint as well. 1-800-4-A-MILLER.

Comment

Bob
      Rebuilding one myself.
      New Blue #098-204 quart
      " " #098-205 Spray can
      Old Blue #098-203 quart
      " " #604-490 spray

The old blue is the darker blue you see on the older machines. These numbers were good a month ago. Hold onto your hat when you see the cost! FYI, Rustoleum V-2124 Federal Safety Blue is close to new blue if money is an option. Close but not "true blue."
      Hope this helps.

Don

almost forgot decals... I just ordered the full decal kit for my Bobcat 225G. They sent all that were available. P/N's will vary with each mach. obviously. I had my parts dude look it up and order. It wasn't a number in my manual.
      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
      '06 12RC feeder
      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
      Esab Multimaster 260
      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Miller blue paint

I used High temp GM engine paint on my AEA-200-L welder. It is lighter than the "old Blue" but sprays and covers very well. Looks good to me. I can send a pic if you want to see.

When I repaint my Bobcat I plan to use this same paint. After I put the decals on I will clearcoat for protection.

moe1942

Comment

Ace Hardware "Safety Blue Rust-stop Enamel" is amazingly close to "new blue". If I had a digital camera, I'd post a pic of my small welding/cutting table next to the 135 - they look the same!

Be well.

hankj
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Thanks to all on the blue paint...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

paint

i went to the auto paint store they matched it perfectly

Comment

Hank:
                You painted a welding table? I hope only the legs and base, not where hot material can fester and burn causing fumes! I just don't want you to get poisioned by burning paint, be safe.

Comment

pjs,

Nah. Not brain dead yet, pj. Top is all nice and clean 3/8 on one side, and 1/4" x 1" stips on egde tacked at right angles on the other side for cutting. The cutting half has 16ga. sides and and bottom with an openable front door for cleaning (and retrieving things that invariably fall in there) that catches the slag and other burn-y things. 1-1/4" angle frame and legs. On wheels, so I can put it where it needs to be.

Paint's kinda like the red oak I use in the woodshop - don't weld worth a ****.

Be well.

hankj
                  ...from the Gadget Garage
                  Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                  Handler 210 w/DP3035
                  TA185TSW
                  Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Hank:
                    Sounds pretty cool, I am in the design part of building one like a wagon with a tall workstation and crank down feet so it doesn't move around. My work space is so small some times I just have no choice but move stuff outside. I'll try to make a post of the garage and good use of small space.

Be safe be well,

Comment

Working...
                    X