X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    JWELD,

With valve means the torch body has an on/off valve for the shielding gas flow if you are welding with a power source that does not have a gas contactor such as the XMT304, ALT 304 or Trailblazer. If you are using a high frequency box to TIG with the Trailblazer, the you do not need a torch with valve because the HF box has a built in gas contactor. The Syncrowave has a built in gas contactor and a separate torch valve is not necessary.

The Syncrowave 250, 350 and 500 (yes there is such a Miller Machine) are excellent machines. However, the Dynasty 300DX will out weld them all including the Syncro 500. This is ultimately due to its wave shaping controls: Arc Frequency and Electrode Negative Balance adjustments! It is hard to explain in a paragraph. If you do not buy into this, then "ask" Andy and I believe he will back me up on this one.

If it were me I would learn to TIG and TIG very well, then look at a Dynasty. I wish you the best!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the quick reply, another question, when looking at a new torch what is meant"With or Without valve? Believe it or not I do have a practically new Synchro 250 and just now after 5 years are in a position to learn to use it. This is why I ask so many stupid questions everyone has tolerated and why I was discouraged that I had a Synchro 250 and not the new Dyanasty. I am assuming the Synchr250 will do just about everything the Dynasty will, yet ths Sync is not portable. Comments Please!!!!!!!

Thanks Again

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    JWELD,

Correct. The inverter's advanced wave shaping allows for a finely sharpened point with a small flat on the end yielding accurate and precise arc placement. The Dynasty also seems to work best with a lanthanated tungsten alloy, with ceriated tunsten running a close second, as opposed to pure or thoriated tungsten alloys The standard squarewave technology of the Syncrowave needs the balled tungsten to properly weld on AC. You can use pure or zirconiated tungsten with the balled end and achieve superb welds with your Syncrowave. The zirconiated will handle the heat better and will not contaminate the weld as is possible with pure tungsten-possible, not likely.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Point Vs. Ball End

Point Vs. Ball End

Am I correct, my Synchro 250 requires to "ball" the end of the tungston vs an inverter such as the Dynasty requires a point when welding aluminum??
Working...
X