X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    DDA52:
    The truth is I took a long time deciding to buy the mm210. Stepping from a $400 red wire feed to this was a lot of research and pound for pound, $ for $, option for option this was the best bang for the buck. The gun on demand option with a spoolgun is a terrific setup. The dealer here made me a great deal and I still hesitated, so my wife ordered it and wrote the check when we picked it up. This was my first blue purchase but I knew the quality since we have blue at school.

Have fun, weld well, weld safe:

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    hankj
    I was welding 1/8 ms flat. Door chart says 10/60 for c25 and 10/40 for co2. I guess co2 or c25 makes a difference. BTW, those are the same settings for .035 flux core on 3/16, which I ran also when I got it back. Actually, its supposed to be 10/45, but I started with 10/60 cuz I forgot to change it.

pj
    I like it when plans work out. Blue has taken care of me since '85. Never had a problem they couldn't handle.

Don

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    DDA52,

Don,

Not trying to steal the thread, but what are you welding at 10/60? I seem to get wire stub into the work at WS settings over 40 with the voltage at 10, but I'm using straight CO2. Does the 75/25 make the difference?

Be wll.

hankj

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Cool hope you never see anymore difficulties. I am glad you had a good experience and shared it with us in the land of blue.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    MM 135 ALL BETTER!

The little guy is out of the hospital and feeling ( and welding ) much better. They replaced the bad board, potentiometer and put in a new door chart for the board that was installed. It welds exactly the same, just a lot higher on the settings now. The action on a setting of 10/60 ( .030/ c-25) is the same as it was on 8/75. I'll just have to learn the new settings and tinker with them to find my own. Rats! More welding!

Don

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    moe
    I guess your right about the contactor, I didn't see it either.
    Bobus catus.....hmmmm....Believe it or not, I was just about 2 hrs away from actually welding the stator mount when the 135 kicked it. So, when I get it back, I'll be ready for action in that dept. Other than that , the Bobcat is all painted and has a new faceplate. Just waiting on the stator and a verdict on a replacement engine. Hopefully there'll be some developments this weekend.

Don

Leave a comment:

• moe1942
    replied
    Dead drive

Don,

Glad to hear that your unit is on the road to recovery.

Do you know if the contactor is a part of the PC board or is it stand alone? I don't see it in the schematic so I presume it is.

I recently got my MM175 so I'm in warranty but once I'm not I will tackle problems myself.

What's the latest on your Bobcat?

moe1942

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Welder Hospital Update

Problem found and solved..... bad board. It wasn't telling the drive motor to activate, nor was it sending any juice to the gun. That might explain my prob, huh? Board that was cooked is completely different than the one that is on order. Now I'm gonna have to learn new settings! Oh well, at least I'm gonna get the little guy back by the weekend ( if everything goes right ).

Don

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Shortly after the mm210 came to my home to live there was a post about a bad board ina 210 and I got that sick at my stomach feeling. These problems are bound to happen if a machine is built there will be unforseen failures. Luckily for us that we buy blue with3 years of coverage. Hope they get ya up and runnin soon.

Leave a comment:

• moe1942
    replied
    Dead MIG

Don,

Let us all know what the Doc did to bring your welder back to life.

moe1942

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    DDA,

Scared me!

Went out to the Gadget Garage, hugged my MM135, blew out all the dust (wasn't much), fired him up and burned some wire. Made him happy. Made the electric company happy. Made me happy. Martini time!

Be well.

hankj

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Welp, he's in the hospital. We'll have a prognosis soon. Thanks for the reply,Andy. They said the contactor was the noise I'm hearing. They'll check it out and see what's what. You're right, Andy. Bigtime Bummer!

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Bummer!!

It could be the board.. It has the circuit that runs the motor on it. It's rare but I guess it could happen

A-

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Moe
    That is where it's going, "the Miller Hospital." Just wanted some "Blue Input" because a cooked board didn't sound right.I was thinking the motor was the problem, but I don't know. I'll take it in this afternoon or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• moe1942
    replied
    Dead drive

Don,

That unit has three years parts and labor warranty. I would take it to the Miller hospital.

moe1942

Leave a comment:

Working...
X