Tig Welding Educational CD????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig Welding Educational CD????

Anyone ordered and used the educational CD Tig Fundamentals from Miller?? Just wanted to know if it's worth the 29.99. I bought the books in the "student package". Great books, learned a ton about mig and tig welding PLUS a can't forget the nice Miller Jacket. I plan on purchasing a tig welder "hopefully" soon. Just wanted to know if this CD would be a valuble educational asset or a re-run of the tig book in the student package. And yes, the student is his own teacher. Thanks ahead of time.
    Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
    Dynasty 200DX
    Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
    Trek 5500
    1966 Amphicar

stay with the books. I got the cd before the student pack wished I had gotten the books first. The cd is ok very elementry.

Comment

10-4..

If you already have the books and can understand them as written, stay with them. They offer a bit more info than the CD.

Good Luck!!

Andy

Comment

Miller is great, however the CD is very poor!!!!

Comment

millers tig book is AWESOME !!!!! it is a resourse that can make you that much better

i found the cd diffuclt to run on my p.c.

but the book is GREAT

im always looking for good learning tool for my students and next semester i will be purchising the miller tig book

this past semester i got the linconln book and was VERY DISAPOINTED

you need to be a rocket scientist to read that stupid book, where the miller is very easy to get quick data from

brian

Comment

10-4 guys.

The CD is done out of house and sometimes in the sake of "keeping it simple" some real good info is left out. Most of the books are inhouse projects and contain a real good baseline of info.

Keep weldin'

Andy

Comment

Thanks All!!!! You saved me money I can spend on the welder. I'll re-read the book underway again.....
              Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
              Dynasty 200DX
              Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
              Trek 5500
              1966 Amphicar

Comment

at mohawk valley community college we use the modern welding text book and the lincoln welding handbook 2 great sources
                jason

Comment

What is the part number on Miller's TIG book??

Comment

J,
                    Follow this link to the educational books online.
                    http://www.millerwelds.com/education...dex.html#books

Good luck.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                    X