• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM350p

New mm350p, lets hear about it. Cant wait till June.Chub

Never heard of it, what process?

Comment

Its a pulsed mig system based around an all in one platform. MM series. I have been waiting for this one for a long time ever since I sold my mm250x I thought about buying a pm300 but it looks like I should not have to. I have heard alot of great things about it. They said the arc is alot like an xmts arc. Well I have waited this long and can wait longer till they get to this side of the USA. My Dynasty 300 keeps me busy. Tig is my favorite but there is a need for the speed and cleaness of a mig over stick. I dont know to much about it, thats what I wanted to find out, I do know the 30a and the edge guns plug into it, and it comes with a roughneck gun with the basic machine. Hope to learn more Chub

Comment

chub380,

I am just curious. Why are you so dedicated to the all in one machine? The ALT304 has the ultimate MIG arc. It is basically an XMT304 with Auto-Line circuitry and a better lower end PC board nearing the 20 amp lower range as opposed the the 40 amp lower end on the XMT304. The ALT304 and a 12RC is a killer combo. Add the Optima for synergic pulse and mutiple manual pulse parameters as well. It packs a wallop for its 75lb weight at 300 amps/60% duty cycle on 3 phase power. Even though is is listed at 225 amps on 1 phase, the CV function still acts like is has the 35volts+ output. The inductance control on this machine is absolutely fantastic! It will also accept the 30A spoolmate with a WC24 controller or even the XR push/pull control system. I like it better than the Invision because you can keep the Optima pendant near your welding torch to make necessary adjustments and the DC Lift Arc TIG option is there if you don't need all the control of the Dynasty. However, once you've tigged with a Dynasty it is hard to go backwards!

I too want to see this new MM350P. Miller is always up to something good.

Comment

Lets just say the 350P ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I was involved with testing and now that it is released, I can tell ya that the unit is killer. It can use the Python gun or Edge gun as the push/pull and has built in pulse programs like the Invision. It also welds thinner material better than the XMT series because it was designed for all-in-one MIG only where as the XMT/ALT is a multiprocess unit.

Latest specs on the 350P

300A @ 32V 60% duty cycle single OR 3 phase!
          AMP range:
          25-375!!

This thing kills the PM300. I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. The 350P is one of my top 5 machines that we build. It's not for the average hobby guy at $3680.00 list for the pulse unit. The PM300 is $3789.00 list.

For Pulse Mig aluminum, this welder rocks. As for Mig steel, it runs like the ALT. I really like that the XRA/Python gun hooks right to it.

It's a cool piece of equipment if you can justify it.

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy ,that sounds like good news. Chub

Comment

Andy, can you get us a copy of the specs.? Millerwelds doesn't have anything on this.

I called my local Air-Gas this afternoon and they don't have a clue about the 350P, but they said they would check into it and call me back. I put off ordering a PM300 for about 4 months while waiting on this new machine and I would sure like to see the specs. before I tell Air-Gas to order one.

Thanks...........james
              James

Comment

James,
                E-mail me with your fax number. All I have here is hardcopy. It is being released regionally and I don't think you can get it yet unless you know someone in the North cental area. Full release in June.

Andy
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
                  James,
                  E-mail me with your fax number. All I have here is hardcopy. It is being released regionally and I don't think you can get it yet unless you know someone in the North cental area. Full release in June.

Andy
                  [email protected]
                  Yup, your right, Air-Gas called me back and said they couldn't even get the paperwork on it... Miller told them it was still in test.
                  James

Comment

MIG Machine

I am looking into getting a new MIG machine. I need to be able to do stainless, mild steel, and aluminum. I will be doing sheet metal as well as have a need for spray arc on thicker stainless,aluminum and mild steel. Pulse is also a serious want.
                    I thought I had it narrowed down to the Invision 354 MIGrunner and I was also going to get a XR feeder and push pull set up with it. Now the MM 350P comes out, and also the XMT 350 pulserunner. How do all these machines compare? I am hearing about a lack of performance on thinner metals with the inverters. Also the top end amperage on the inverters is not as good as even the MM 251. I would hate to spend the extreme amount of money to set the machines up the way I want and not have it perform as good as a transformer.
                    Maybe I could get a MM 251 for steel and a new MM350P for aluminum. I wonder if this is the way to go to be able to do everything that I want. If any one could shed some lite on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....Joe

Comment

joe,

All the machines you mentioned are excellent for the GMAW process. I think personal preference has to come into play at some point in the decision making process. I am partial to the Auto-Line technology in the multi-process inverters like the ALT304 and the XMT 350. You just cannot beat the arc contol these machines offer.

I don't understand your statement about not being able to get the top end on the inverters. I guess you are speaking of 1 phase input power limiting the top end. The literature is somewhat misleading. If you have the current capacity on 1 phase power, you can achieve the maximum output on these inverters at a reduced duty cycle. This is because the input bridge and filter capacitors have to work harder on 1 phase than on 3 phase power. I know first hand the ALT304 will produce 400 amps output with 240VAC 1 phase input drawing off a 70 amp standard breaker in a 200 amp main box. This of course requires appropriate wiring. I have achieved the same results on an XMT304 with Auto-Link technology.

Some people like the all-in-one units of the Millermatic style. They do reduce cord clutter and cost of accessories if that is your style. Even though I am out of the mobile business I still will grab a 75lb inverter like the ALT or XMT and head off to a paper plant to do some work. That is one reason I am not a fan of the MM style machines. In a shop atmosphere where roll around mobility is all that's needed, I think they are great!

Comment

Inverters

Hawk, thats good news about the top end. You are right. I was referring to the machines being derated on single phase. I also have no desire to get an engine drive. Part of the reason I like the inverters is the portability and the Autoline and Autolink features. In fact i am about to do a handrail job stick welding with my Dynasty 300.

What about the bottom end on thin sheetmetal? Your statements earlier kind of worried me, especially since the Alt 304 has been discontinued this year. How will the Invision and new XMT 350 do on thin sheet? Unless I am wrong both of these machines don't have an inductance conrol either. Is this a big deal?

Also does the Invision have basically the same pulse settings as the Optima?...Thanks, Joe

Comment

Andy,
                          I was looking at the volt/amp curve for the 350P and it appears to me that they reversed the words "voltage" and "amperage".
                          If I am reading that correctly, the machine should be able to achieve 10 volts at 25 amps on the low side. Why is that voltage line running up to 80 volts...Is that the max OCV volts? Am I reading this correctly or is it totally messed up?? I was just concerned that the 350P wasn't like the XMT304 with 10volts at 50 amps. If it is indeed 10V at 25A that would be sweet for thin stuff.
                          James

Comment

joe,

The inductance control is a huge deal! It allows you to tailor the arc on stick or mig exactly how you want it. It can make the difference between running a non pulsed vertical on GMAW or having a bad roll out. It is the best thing since a variable slope machine!

The XMT 304 and 350 have the inducrtance control. The 350 has it labeled as "Arc Control". The Invision should also have it-not 100% sure on the Invision.

The ALT is discontinued, but there were 8 in the Atlanta warehouse last week. As for performance on thin sheet metal the ALT is it in the inverters right now. In the next couple of years the ALT's lower end PC board and Auto-Line circuitry will probably be incorporated into the XMT series. Can't say to much here.

The race teams all have ALT machines and will not be coming out for nearly a year. They are excellent machines and I would rather have one over any of the XMT series at this point in time. They are Auto-Line and have the low end performance due to the enhanced PC board for the low amperage output!

The Invision has been somewhat less of a sucess in the racing industry than the ALT. The ALT is by far more popular and versatile. The Optima pulser is the way to go. In addition to a number of pre-programmed scenarios for mild steel and aluminum there is complete manual control. The Synergic programs are great. If you change the value of one parameter, the Optima automatically adjusts all other parameters for you within that program. I like the Optima because you can have it right next to your work and make adjustments as necessary. I really have not had any experience with the Invision pulser-my guess is the Optima offers the greatest control!

The ALT304 , Optima Pulser, 12RC Suitcase Feeder, 30A Spoolgun with WC24 Controller, and a Weldcraft 200 amp air cooled torch with gas valve is the ultimate multi-process DC workhorse! The machine itself (ALT 304) is on my list of the top 5 best products made by Miller electric!!!

My recommendation is grab an ALT before the other 8 are gone!

I noticed you mentioned the D300. I have a D200DX and am see its big brother in my future! It is an awesome machine!!!

Comment

I have used the invision and for the money the new 350p costs it would be hard for me buy a 350p over the invision it does nice mig with pulse and variable controls that I've only scratched the uses for also it does stick for the diehards or for odd repair work. As I've said before I love the mm210 but if money were not an issue I would own an invision. The 350p wil be a fantastic machine but for the money I would have to look at multi process machines for flexibility. Also at school we have 3 dynasty 300 tigrunners and they are nice, even though I don't tig worth a hoot I want one. Doesn't it figure use something once and you then want one for your own.

Weld well

Comment

Working...
                              X