X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Great answer GTA.

The Sync 180SD also has programable starts for different material thickness. You can choose a soft start for thin material, med and hot start for the thick stuff. We also offer a user adjustable balance control for more cleaning or penetration. All in all the Sync is better. I have welded with both and truthfully, both have good arc performance.

thanks for the question
    good luck

Andy

Leave a comment:

• GTA/SPEC
    replied
    The Lincoln uses 2 seperate rectifiers for low and high amps. The low rectifier is called "micro-start", for less than 10 amps. I dont think that it is anything special. The built in pulser is a primitive unit, dont buy the red one because it has a pulser. The avaliable PC300 pulser is much more comprehensive than the built in Lincoln. I had a Sync180 in high school with a PC300, it worked excellent. The only reason that i upgraded was because I wanted variable AC frequency output.

Leave a comment:

• kiko_09
    started a topic Miller VS Lincoln

Miller VS Lincoln

Andy

I am looking at the Syncrowave 180 SD compared to the Lincoln Precision Tig 185.I have a couple of questions. Do you know the benefits of the new micro start from Lincoln compared to the Miller and why would you need pulsed tig. Isn't that used more on aluminum. Any ideas.

Jim
Working...
X