X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDA52
    replied
    Bronco,
    When I had my shop in Chantilly,Va. I got almost all of my steel from Arlington Iron Works. I also used a shop in Manassas on occasion. Don't remember which one ..... just remember it being fairly close to Roberts Oxygen.

Triple S is a good co. I use them here in San Antonio.
    Hope this helps.

Don

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Bronco STD.

Triple S (SSS) Steel has few major stocking warehouses in the US. Their prices are very reasonable and some locations have a large amount of "dirty" steel. It is good material with light surface rust usually stored outdoors in an open air covered warehouse.

http://www.sss-steel.com/

Triple-S Steel Locations

We currently have 4 locations to serve you:

Houston North
    open 8-5 m-f and till noon on sat
    6000 Jensen Drive
    Houston, Texas 77026
    Toll Free: 800-392-3655
    Phone: 713-697-7105
    Fax: 713-697-5945
    Email Us

Houston South
    open 8-5 m-f and till noon on sat
    8603 Monroe
    Houston, Texas 77061
    Toll Free: 800-231-1034
    Phone: 713-941-1941
    Fax: 713-941-1499
    Email Us

San Antonio
    open 8-5 monday- friday
    2707 Castroville Road
    San Antonio, TX 78237
    Toll Free: 800-725-4776
    Phone: 210-431-0088
    Fax: 210-431-0701
    Email Us

Knoxville
    open 8-5 monday- friday
    4800 Beverly Road
    Knoxville, TN 37918
    Toll Free: 800-251-9572
    Phone: 865-687-1251
    Fax: 865-687-0992
    Email Us

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sigmon
    replied
    Bronco,

There is a chain/franchise of small metal stores called Metal Supermarket. I found the one in my area and they are great.

Online you might check out - Metal Depot
    They seem to have a nice selection.

I hope this helps,

Bob Sigmon

Leave a comment:

• Bronco STD
    started a topic Metal Supply Shop

Metal Supply Shop

Where do you guys get your steel stock from? I have been welding for a few years, but just on auto restoration stuff. Mainly body panels and floor pans. I'm looking to fabricate some products myslef on my current resoration, as opposed to buying the products pre-fab'd through manufactures. I checked with my local welding supply shop and called around to a few places, but mainly they only deal with contractors or they sell industrial grade material (I-beams, etc). I'm looking for a shop that you a residential person can walk in tell them what you need or pick it out yourself and be on your way. I have only found 1 source and it seems to be McMaster Carr on the internet. However they have do not carry some of the more popular items, such as 2" box tubing for example. Obviously you may not know of dealers in my area, but does anyone have a online company or someone you can place orders through?

Thanks,

Bronco STD
Working...
X