Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anodized Aluminum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mike40
    replied
    Hawk,
    Thanks for the tips . I will try that tomorrow and let you know.

    Leave a comment:


  • HAWK
    replied
    mike40,

    Grind just enough anodized coating to get the arc started. Crank up your arc frequency to 250HZ to narrow your bead and set your pulse rate to the maximum of 500PPS. Set your background % at 30 and peak time % at 50. You might turn the arc frequency down and widen the bead enough to cover over your grind width where you started. I find this set up will float your impurities to the top and leave a nice looking bead. I TIG 90% of all I do with a D200DX. The other 10% is with a HF box on my Trailblazer. It does a good job, but does not have the control of the Dynasty. Let me know what happens.

    Leave a comment:


  • mike40
    replied
    I have been practicing with the Dyn.200 I seem to get the "grey" film without grinding it off. I know some of the marine tower builders don't like to grind thier tubing or so I have been told.

    Leave a comment:


  • H80N
    replied
    mike40
    with a machine like the synchro 250 that I have... you do have to grind off the anodized layer... but my understanding is that with and inverter machine like the Dynasty 200 that has variable frequency.. that you no longer need to... a Dynasty owner/user could tell you more
    hope this helps
    Heiti

    Leave a comment:


  • mike40
    started a topic Anodized Aluminum

    Anodized Aluminum

    I am practicing on some Anodized tubing and I am having trouble with the anodizing floating up in the weld puddle making it look like porosity....I was told to grind it off before I weld, is this correct or required?
Working...
X