looking for a mig welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a mig welder

look to upgrade from an esab mm250 to something more cable. i reach the duty cycle on the machine all the time i and welding at the most a 1in cutting edge on a bucket or more commonly welding 1/4 to 1/2 ar450 wear bar on to buckets the thickest bucket base material is 3/4 high strength steel

looking for a mig welder

Miller 350-p was my choice.
    Had 251 but was running on duty cycle more than wanted to and it needed larger gun.
    Upgraded to 350-P 4 years ago and have not hit duty cycle yet. Never regretted that choice it's a awesome Michine

Comment

Originally posted by gnforge View Post
      Miller 350-p was my choice.
      Had 251 but was running on duty cycle more than wanted to and it needed larger gun.
      Upgraded to 350-P 4 years ago and have not hit duty cycle yet. Never regretted that choice it's a awesome Michine

+1 on the 350P, awesome machine! Pulse mig aluminum is great too!!
      sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
      Millermatic 350P
      30A Spoolgun
      Lincoln Pro Mig 140
      Hypertherm Powermax 30
      14" Rage Evolution dry saw
      40 ton press brake
      Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
        +1 on the 350P, awesome machine! Pulse mig aluminum is great too!!
        YUP...+2.... I love mine....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

looking for a mig welder

I wish I had a 350p. You guys suck.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            I wish I had a 350p. You guys suck.
            YES... But We're Smiling....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

I went with a trail blazer 302 air pack mounted to my service body

2 12vs wire feeders .045 and 1/16

Comment

I wish I had a TB 302 airpak and 2 12vs feeders. You guys still suck.

I'll just have to get buy with my old rescued-from-under-a-redneck's-shade tree resurrected MM250 and be content. But you guys still suck.

Comment

We use the MM 250 which would easily get the job done, But the 350 would be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    I wish I had a TB 302 airpak and 2 12vs feeders. You guys still suck.

I'll just have to get buy with my old rescued-from-under-a-redneck's-shade tree resurrected MM250 and be content. But you guys still suck.
                    The MM250 is a great old machine.....

BTW... I still have and use this old MM200 that I rescued for $100 about 15 years ago

http://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/w...862#post117862

Miller builds TOUGH machines...

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

My bet is the older machines are tougher than the newer ones too. Pretty much like a lot of things these days. Time will tell.

Comment

H80N, Thats a great one, ( Bouncing down the road ) What are we talking about a 1986 GSXR-750. Oh ya thats right, a MM-200

I got my first MM200 in 1987 brand new and in my opinion the new ones that are in the same class of machines are not any better, they had it figured out years ago.

Ive had a few other machines in this class and keep thinking, lets see what this new one is like and they are still the same good old machines.

We have the 350-P Aluminum and have only used it on the pulse mode and love it, when I get time to play with it I want to try it in the other modes.

Comment

Do you guys find the arc on the 250 to be harsh with a tight sweet spot? After I found this one and while I was breathing life back I to it, I was reading up about that on other forums...before I settled on this one...but I find it to be absolutely true. It's a beast and was hoping to confirm, or not, that with you guys.

Comment

I just acquired an MM250. The start-up isn't great, but once the puddle is started it welds terrific.

Comment

Working...
                            X