375 Extreme passed water through it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 375 Extreme passed water through it

Let a friend of mine use my 375 extreme and apparently he noticed water coming out of the nozzle. His ignorant self though that's how it worked, like a water jet. He never drained his air compressor and it had plenty of water that carried over. So I get it back and I'll hit the trigger and the pressure light will come on. After I pull the trigger a few times, it will eventually work. I'll use it for about 5 min or so, set it down, then try to start cutting again. The same thing. Sometimes it will work immediately, sometimes I have to pull the trigger a few times, get that puff of air out the nozzle (the small amount of air you get when there isn't enough pressure), then it will work again.

I have a new filter on order for it. Is there anything else that I can take apart to clean (regulator, solenoid, etc). From the look of that water that was blown out of his tank, that's what passed through my machine.

375 Extreme passed water through it

Sounds to me like your buddy needs to pay for a servicing on your machine and drop by with a six pack or three.

Comment

Yeah. Seriously! Though good lesson that you should not take anything for granted and always explain everything prior. Did anyone see that video of the guys draining a compressor on you tube? They have it up GC in the air and they drain out about 15 gallons or more because the guy never knew he had to drain it. Funny.

Comment

I'm not going to hold my breathe waiting on him, thus I ordered the filter. It there anything else I can check or clean? I was going to just follow the air line and clean everything.

Comment

Try calling miller tech support. they are extremely friendly and helpful, and will probably give you some better help.

Comment

Not a huge deal, thougH I use Air brake antifreeze to clear the moisture

Comment

Fixed it. At least for now until filter comes in. Took it all apart at the quick connects. Plenty water in it. Dumped it all out. Sprayed it down with electraclean and dried it out. Fired up 1st go. Now just need to install the filter when it comes in and don't lend it to him anymore. Haha.

Comment

Working...
              X