Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue_tech
    replied
    That feeder runs off the arc voltage. It is the only thing powering it. So when you are not welding, the feeder will diplay this Open Circuit voltage level. Once you are welding, the feeder will show that weld arc voltage.

The DW450 is a constant voltage power source and will work for this MIG application. So you are fine with this combination. I am still not sure what the actual issue is yet to answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• B&M Welding Inc.
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Does it seem to weld fine? Outside of the voltage readings being off some?
    It welds ok if we keep the dial above 21-22V. If we get lower than that it sputters real bad. have been using it for a year now though. I was just considering repairing it now because I have a voltage regulation issue with the Suitcase also, wonder if its caused by the power source being off?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Delta weld Weird Voltage readings

Does it seem to weld fine? Outside of the voltage readings being off some?

Leave a comment:

• B&M Welding Inc.
    started a topic Delta weld Weird Voltage readings

Delta weld Weird Voltage readings

Hi,
    I have an old 450 Deltaweld on a 12VS Extreme. Unknown serial number. I normally weld at about 23V on the dial. However, the display on the suitcase will consistently show 29V until I have an arc established then it drops down to 19V until I release the trigger, then its back up to 29V. I have new cables, good new ground clamp on new metal. For the sake of getting solid numbers I got my hired man to weld while I checked things out with a volt meter and I am getting the same results at the suitcase or at the welder output studs. Is there a known problem on these? Any ideas what to look for? Or make a good boat anchor? Thanks, Brian
Working...
X